News:

It's like that horrible screech you get when the microphone is positioned too close to a speaker, only with cops.

Main Menu

Birthers scare the fuck out of me

Started by LMNO, July 24, 2009, 03:31:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on July 29, 2009, 05:51:17 PM
Quote from: Cain on July 29, 2009, 05:42:44 PM
Michael Steele only thinks he is in charge of the GOP.

They'll keep talking about it until Rush Limbaugh says not to.

I fully expect Michael Steele to go on some radio show, maybe even Rush's, and walk that statement back somehow.  I've yet see him take any kind of stand against the wackos and not end up apologizing for it.  

I have sockpuppets on RedState.com who have more influence over the party than Steele.  He is utterly hopeless.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Cain on July 29, 2009, 05:55:16 PM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on July 29, 2009, 05:51:17 PM
Quote from: Cain on July 29, 2009, 05:42:44 PM
Michael Steele only thinks he is in charge of the GOP.

They'll keep talking about it until Rush Limbaugh says not to.

I fully expect Michael Steele to go on some radio show, maybe even Rush's, and walk that statement back somehow.  I've yet see him take any kind of stand against the wackos and not end up apologizing for it.  

I have sockpuppets on RedState.com who have more influence over the party than Steele.  He is utterly hopeless.

:lulz:

Also, the fact that Orly's name is "ORLY?" and the fact that she looks like a living, breathing RealDoll makes me think that she is actually an elaborate hoax. As in, she herself is an android.

Bu🤠ns

LMNO

A RealDoll?

For fuck's sake, I hope not.  Those, at least, attempt to conform to some male idea of attractiveness.

Jenne

She looks sorta tranny-ish.  Watched the interview last night with Colbert and Orly--I think she knew he was mocking her in some way but in order to mete out her attention-whore-moment she just ploughed on through it.

Fucking bimbo.

I also like how he had another fucking bimbo on right after her:  Ariana Huffington.

LMNO

I would love if Huffington and Orly got into a debate, just to see the closed-captioning people lose their fucking minds.

Requia ☣

Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Iason Ouabache

The conspiracy has now gone meta!!!  :tinfoilhat::hi5::tinfoilhat:

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/when-conspiracy-theory-becomes-conspiracy-theory

QuoteIs this anything but a gift to the Democrats?

Am I the only one to notice that mainstream media attention to the "Birthers" has picked up in recent weeks -- and that this increased attention is coincident to the turn in Obama's approval ratings?

A search of The Washington Post web site, for instance, on the term "Birther" yields as its oldest hit this one from July 6; a search of The New York Times, though, shows one June reference in passing and then the first real mention of the term on July 22.

Far be it from me to assume one is the cause of the other -- as faithful readers know, I do my best to avoid falling into the post hoc, ergo propter hoc trap -- but, still, it is an interesting coincidence.

Coincident or not, it is eating up valuable air time and gobbling up precious inches of type that could, and should, be devoted to other, more pressing, matters -- like the self-immolation of the Democratic Party, as it struggles to find a way to reform the health care delivery system without destroying it.

Reasonable and responsible conservatives, thus, are stuck. We are being lumped in with irresponsible and unreasonable conspiracy theorists.

QuoteGoldberg: I have a theory. And the theory is this: That the Chicago Mafia inside the White House want to keep this crazy controversy going. Because the longer it goes, the better the chance that they will conflate the crazy right-wing fringe with regular conservatives and regular Republicans.

O'Reilly: That's not a bad theory.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Cain

I've also heard that the conspiracy theory is being spread by Republican operatives so that those who don't buy into it can sat "well, I wasn't a Birther but [even more crazy conspiracy theory] and since you know I'm not a nut, it seems kinda plausible, right?"

Requia ☣

I kinda want to start one that the birther movement is being run by  reptoids to make republicans irrelevant.  so that without a common enemy to face the dems will tear themselves apart.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Cain

They should call themselves "Crackers", because Obama, as a reptilian agent, was not birthed, but cracked free of a giant egg, in his home plane of the fourth dimension.

Jenne

Quote from: Cain on July 30, 2009, 07:38:38 PM
They should call themselves "Crackers", because Obama, as a reptilian agent, was not birthed, but cracked free of a giant egg, in his home plane of the fourth dimension.

:lulz:  :potd:  :mittens:

Bruno

Formerly something else...

Kai

Yes, this is what I have to put up with down here.  :argh!:
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Jenne

:lulz:  Well, there's a REASON why people believe as they do about the Southern states...sorry, Ippy.