News:

If words could really hurt you, this forum would be one huge abbatoir.

Main Menu

You Are (Probably) a Federal Criminal

Started by Iason Ouabache, July 26, 2009, 04:25:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Requia ☣

Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

BabylonHoruv

I'm a big fan of the jury nullification concept, and because of that would not mention it if picked for jury duty.  They haven't picked me yet though.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Cain

I'm already on US watch lists.

Its good, having friends who have friends in the FBI.  Also, thanks, Amazon, for now ensuring I will always be searched at airports, because I bought a book about Sayid Qutb and Terrorism research trends in the same purchase order.

LMNO

Just as an aside, I'd like to point out that it is, in fact, incredibly stupid to mail a highly explosive material without some sort of warning label on the package.

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: LMNO on July 27, 2009, 02:25:41 PM
Just as an aside, I'd like to point out that it is, in fact, incredibly stupid to mail a highly explosive material without some sort of warning label on the package.

I don't know what's involved in shipping sodium, but when i ship out boxes of ammunition, all i'm required to put on the box is

i wonder how much he shipped?

Bruno

How in the hell did they catch him in the first place?

Do they have Sodium sniffing dogs now?
Formerly something else...

Jenne

What fomie said about Tommy Chong's case is spot-on.  I've also been a voice in the wilderness re: the injustice system here ever since my dad was arrested, pled out and is serving 15 (but not the max).  The state of CA took a man who's only ever had 3 traffic tickets and made him into someone who knows his way around a prisonyard.  Such a waste to take someone in their 40's and do this to them, when they are much more productive in society making a living wage.

The punishments don't stop once you are on parole, btw.  Ever check out what it's like to BE on parole?  I think that contributes to a higher rescidivism rate, personally.

Bruno

Jenne

Embezzlement.  His partner was doing things he had no idea about, and the things he did know about, he got lawyers to help him fix, but they did it in a shady manner and his hands were subsequently caught in the cookie jar.  I've always maintained that if he'd had a college business degree, he'd have known how deep he was getting into that mess.  But he was a self-made millionaire, and a lot of shit went by the wayside in the pursuit of happiness.

Bruno

Damn, that sucks Jenne. How much longer does he have?

Jenne

Thanks, Jerry.  And he has anywhere from a year and a half to less than 6 mos in and then a year on an ankle bracelet if you believe the latest rounds of rumor and innuendo.  The budget crisis in CA has forced the governator's hand...they are planning to let non-violent offenders out soon with less than a year or whatever on their records...so he could be paroled soon.  But like I said above, parole =/= freedom, by any means.  Just entails less celltime, but they control your live to the nth degree still nonetheless for quite a while yet.

Still and all, better paroled than in prison.

the last yatto

that reminds me mah good friend still has my I Chong book
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Requia ☣

I should point out that Jury Nullification is a real problem too, I know of a case as recent as 2003 where a jury convicted a murderer (who had confessed) of assault instead of murder because it was a hate crime case and they thought the guy had done a good thing by killing a transexual.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Epimetheus

Quote from: forgetfulmari on July 27, 2009, 02:40:03 AM
Apparently, putting an official government seal on an official looking flier is against the law.

What about official-looking, but fake, government-looking seals?
POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

the last yatto

the beast has logo detection software
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit