News:

Testimonial: "None of you seem aware of quite how bad you are. I mean I'm pretty outspoken on how bad the internet has gotten, but this is up there with the worst."

Main Menu

So long, Sarah. You won't be missed.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, July 26, 2009, 10:38:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

Someone in the comment section made a good point about where Jon Stewart missed a pretty big opportunity.  When Bill Kristol commented on how the Health Care proposal was over 1000 pages and no one has read it, the follow up question from Stewart should've been: "Um, so how do you know the bill is bad if you haven't read it?"
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Jenne

Yeah, I'm not sure he meant "no one" but maybe no one in Congress...I would have to listen to it again, since context is always everything.  But I think Stewart did a great job of harping on a lot of where Kristol obviously has a brain deficiency.

AFK

Oh yes indeed.  He did a masterful job indeed.  It's kind of sad that only the comedians on TV are actually asking the tough questions of these spags. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Jenne

And from Colbert to Stewart to Maher, they are pointing that out.   Maher actually said he was tired of the flak from his own camp on how hard he is on Obama, that it was his JOB to be on his ass, since he was such a big proponent during his campaign.

LMNO

Absolutely.  I voted for him, so he better do what I voted him for.

Holy shit.  I have no idea how to fix that sentence.

Jenne

Requia ☣

Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Jenne

I haven't watched his "Overtime" spots yet...I should.  They answer viewer questions on that part of it.

Cramulus

15 minutes later, did anybody see Colbert interview Orly Taitz (apparently, the head of the Birther movement?) It was so spot on. I don't think she's familiar with Colbert. The tongue-in-cheek nature of the show went right over her head. By being "on her side", he got her to say some pretty crazy stuff. I think Jon and Stephen should be given the nobel prize for journalism.

LMNO

Quote from: Cramulus on July 29, 2009, 03:17:26 PM
15 minutes later, did anybody see Colbert interview Orly Taitz (apparently, the head of the Birther movement?) It was so spot on. I don't think she's familiar with Colbert. The tongue-in-cheek nature of the show went right over her head. By being "on her side", he got her to say some pretty crazy stuff. I think Jon and Stephen should be given the nobel prize for journalism.

Kurt Christ

Yes, though I missed most of the Daily Show last night.
Formerly known as the Space Pope (then I was excommunicated), Father Kurt Christ (I was deemed unfit to raise children, spiritual or otherwise), and Vartox (the speedo was starting to chafe)

Jenne

I agree 169%, and no I didn't see the interview--didn't have time to watch it last night.  Damn my work schedule!  I will be watching it today--maybe on my break in 10 mins...hm...

Captain Utopia

Quote from: Jenne on July 29, 2009, 03:16:08 PM
I haven't watched his "Overtime" spots yet...I should.  They answer viewer questions on that part of it.
I tried, but they seem to be tied into some windows codec which I couldn't get to run in linux. Or rather, I figured that by the time I could get it working it'd probably be over.

Requia ☣

I'll have to check and see if the DVR got it, there was an outage during Stewart and I missed the second half of that.   :x
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Jenne

Quote from: fictionpuss on July 29, 2009, 03:20:43 PM
Quote from: Jenne on July 29, 2009, 03:16:08 PM
I tried, but they seem to be tied into some windows codec which I couldn't get to run in linux. Or rather, I figured that by the time I could get it working it'd probably be over.

I just wonder if it's as good as the rest of the show...because sometimes his show's pretty fucking good, and sometimes the panel falls flat or short of expectations.  So I often wonder how the rest of it goes...or if it's a waste of time.