News:

OK fuckers, let me out of here. I farted for you, what more do you want from me? Jesus fuck.

Main Menu

So long, Sarah. You won't be missed.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, July 26, 2009, 10:38:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenne

Quote from: Requia ☣ on July 29, 2009, 03:21:25 PM
I'll have to check and see if the DVR got it, there was an outage during Stewart and I missed the second half of that.   :x

It's usually online the next day.

LMNO

Quote from: Jenne on July 29, 2009, 03:21:49 PM
Quote from: fictionpuss on July 29, 2009, 03:20:43 PM
Quote from: Jenne on July 29, 2009, 03:16:08 PM
I haven't watched his "Overtime" spots yet...I should.  They answer viewer questions on that part of it.
I tried, but they seem to be tied into some windows codec which I couldn't get to run in linux. Or rather, I figured that by the time I could get it working it'd probably be over.

I just wonder if it's as good as the rest of the show...because sometimes his show's pretty fucking good, and sometimes the panel falls flat or short of expectations.  So I often wonder how the rest of it goes...or if it's a waste of time.

Eh, I have a hard time with Mahr's delivery, especially the way he laughs at his own jokes; it's a smarmy, self-important laugh that irks me.  Plus, he's been known to deliberately distort the facts if they get in the way of a joke.  That's just lazy.

Captain Utopia

Quote from: LMNO on July 29, 2009, 03:25:41 PM
Eh, I have a hard time with Mahr's delivery, especially the way he laughs at his own jokes; it's a smarmy, self-important laugh that irks me.  Plus, he's been known to deliberately distort the facts if they get in the way of a joke.  That's just lazy.
Valid points. If you can get past the smarminess though there is some value to be gained. For example, I think he deserves some credit for taking a chunk out of Obama last month

AFK

Quote from: Cramulus on July 29, 2009, 03:17:26 PM
15 minutes later, did anybody see Colbert interview Orly Taitz (apparently, the head of the Birther movement?) It was so spot on. I don't think she's familiar with Colbert. The tongue-in-cheek nature of the show went right over her head. By being "on her side", he got her to say some pretty crazy stuff. I think Jon and Stephen should be given the nobel prize for journalism.

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Jenne

He's a typical Hollywood-type who's full of himself...I got over that a long time ago, mostly because he is one of the few leftwingers who is 1) out of the closet about his rampant pot-smoking and pro-pot legalizatin 2) talks about CA politics and knows wtf he's talking about when he does it 3) has some kick-ass people on his panel and during on-show interviews and 4) love his new rules.

I used to watch him on ABC before his ass got fired.

AFK

The ABC show sucked because it was too damned short, only 1/2 hour.  He or someone on the panel would really start ripping into Anne Coulter and they'd have to go to commercial. 

Jenne

I liked the set-up though, and he copied that for the HBO show he now does.  He's perfect for HBO, though.

Cramulus

I made up my mind about Maher after watching Religilous.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all about poking people in the belief system

I'm just not a smug condescending prick when I do it.

LMNO

Jenne

:lol:  He does bug me from time to time, I won't lie.  But I think his show supersedes him in a lot of ways, so I just ignore it.

AFK

Thurnez Isa

Quote from: Cramulus on July 29, 2009, 07:42:10 PM
I made up my mind about Maher after watching Religilous.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all about poking people in the belief system

I'm just not a smug condescending prick when I do it.

what LMNO said

As soon as you poke someones belief system you automatically become a smug condescending prick to them. So I figure if you're going to do it you might as well go all out...
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Thurnez Isa

as for Cobert, Maher, ect.

I don't really watch them often cause I tend not to watch or read people I tend to more or less agree with. Im weird like that. If it's on a subject I don't know a lot about then yes, but I tend to watch or read stuff I know I probably wont agree with.
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

AFK

If Stewart and Colbert weren't on at the same time as Countdown I'd probably watch them.  I kinda like watching Olbermann get all frothed up.  He goes a bit overboard at times, but it's good TV nonetheless.  But boy howdy does his substitutes suck when he is on vacation.  You'd think Howard "YEEAAAHHH!" Dean would be a good TV host, but he's stiffer than Al Gore in a freezer. 

Jenne

The nice thing is, they are on the internet...so if you miss them and want to watch them, you just go to the comedy central website.