Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, July 29, 2009, 01:37:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thurnez Isa

Nonsense
Boobs are just females trying to grow penises
on their chests
/
/
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Bruno

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on July 29, 2009, 01:37:07 AM
...they will be about $12 each this time since I'm not going the el cheapo route. They cost about $4-$5 to ship domestically, and I'll be asking actual shipping costs this time since I'm not rolling in dough anymore.

USPS First-Class -- $2.00

http://www.usps.com/prices/first-class-mail-prices.htm

That's how I shipped t-shirts when I sold them on eBay several years ago.
Formerly something else...

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Jerry_Frankster on July 31, 2009, 03:28:58 AM
Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on July 29, 2009, 01:37:07 AM
...they will be about $12 each this time since I'm not going the el cheapo route. They cost about $4-$5 to ship domestically, and I'll be asking actual shipping costs this time since I'm not rolling in dough anymore.

USPS First-Class -- $2.00

http://www.usps.com/prices/first-class-mail-prices.htm

That's how I shipped t-shirts when I sold them on eBay several years ago.

Sure, $2.00 for postage if the shirt and the box it comes in totals under 8 oz, which is possible if the American Apparel shirts are a lot lighter than the Gildan T's I used last time. If they're the same weight as the last ones, a large weighs 12 oz ($2.75 postage) including the box and label, which costs me .68. I also have to pay .18 for delivery confirmation (Stamps.com requires it) unless I go to the PO to ship, which I am not going to do. So, $3.61. Larger ones that exceed the 13 oz weight limit for First Class, I will ship Priority, which is $4.80, if I can jam it into the flat-rate box. If not, I provide my own box, at .74 for that size box. W00t.

Unless you think I should just eat the cost of the box, in which case you can mail me your own and I'll ship it in that. I'll even ship it in a Ziploc freezer bag if you ask me to.

I'll be charging exact shipping costs, which means that people who order a small won't pay as much, but I'll be damned if I'm going to quote everyone $3 for shipping and then have some fucker order an XXXL and then be pissed at me when it costs $5.54 to ship. I'd rather quote high and have people be pleasantly surprised, than pissed at me.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Sir Squid Diddimus

Bruno

I used gallon ziploc bags, inside manila envelopes.

Free boxes for priority mail is the shit, though. They sent me waaaaaay more than I ordered once, and I still have probably hundreds of them stashed in my parents' barn.

I even tried to give them back, but they wouldn't take them.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I could just ship them all Priority with the free boxes, and it would be $4.80 for everyone. Or I could go buy a bunch of freezer bags and manila envelopes just for this, and then be stuck with the extras afterward. That seems silly when I already have all these small shipping boxes right here already from my business, though.

You can usually drop extra boxes back off at the PO, if you go around back to the business door.

Given that I've been running a mail-order business for the last seven years, and has a secondary one which I sold when I got too busy, I think I have a pretty good handle on the whole "shipping" concept. Not to get pissy with you, but it is a little insulting when my whole livelihood is based on shipping to have some guy who "used to sell T-shirts on eBay years ago" try to correct my shipping estimate.

Also, you were wrong. I hate it when people are wrong.

Bruno

I was just making a suggestion. I don't see how that could be perceived as "insulting".

Sorry if I offended you.

Miley Spears

Quote from: Jerry_Frankster on July 31, 2009, 05:41:38 AM
I was just making a suggestion. I don't see how that could be perceived as "insulting".

Sorry if I offended you.
I think here everything's perceived as insulting and offensive.
Keep your hands in your pockets when you're talking to me.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Sorry if I offended you.

But you were WRONG

I hate it when people are wrong on the Internet.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on August 01, 2009, 03:14:31 AM

Sorry if I offended you.

But you were WRONG

I hate it when people are wrong on the Internet.

You're gonna be busy.   :lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Miley Spears on July 30, 2009, 11:13:15 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 30, 2009, 08:53:08 PM
DOES SHIRT COME WITH BOOBS?
Quote from: Roaring Biscuit! on July 30, 2009, 08:57:59 PM
how did these come about originally?

I'm glad you asked. A boob, aka a breast, is the upper ventral region of an animal's torso, particularly that of mammals, including human beings. The breasts of a female primate's body contain the mammary glands, which secrete milk used to feed infants.

And that's why God made breasts!

Of course Goddess made them to be sucked, fondled and drooled over.

And for some reason humans are the only mammals with breasts.  other mammals have teats instead, and don't seem to use them in a sexual manner.

I read an article that said that this was due to our upright posture and that breasts serve as a replacement for the ass, visually.  Although not a complete replacement obviously, with the number of ass men that still exist.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

BADGE OF HONOR

The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.