News:

News:  0 1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765 10946 17711 28657, motherfuckers.

Main Menu

New guy over here...

Started by Dimocritus, July 29, 2009, 06:01:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Epimetheus on July 29, 2009, 09:33:10 PM
I still haven't read Illuminatus, and I've had a PDF of it for a long time.

Damn, reading it in dead tree format, with highlighting, scribbled notes etc is hard enough... trying it via PDF may make my brain implode.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO on July 29, 2009, 06:19:09 PM
You'd probably get the worst incarnation of it, the Steve Jackson version. (shudder).

Sadly, that's not the worst incarnation. Not even close.

This is the one to avoid at all costs:

http://www.amazon.com/Principia-Discordia-Found-Goddess-Forgotten/dp/1605065013/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1248910089&sr=8-4

It has been stripped of all its graphics.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Epimetheus

:x

Anyway, I have the Steve Jackson version.
POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

Sir Squid Diddimus

THE B BOOK BY SEUSS OR GTFO!

Epimetheus

Quote from: Squid on July 30, 2009, 07:15:29 AM
THE B BOOK BY SEUSS OR GTFO!

I think you'll find it's not by Seuss.
POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

Sir Squid Diddimus

well shitfucks.
it's just his publisher.

Miley Spears

I have the Steve Jackson one too I think its great. Is there a better one?

But I know its not "Discordia: Hail the Goddess of Chaos and Confusion" they really messed it up. They added stuff and made it cost more.

Also check http://urbandictionary.com and http://uncyclopedia.org you can learn a lot about Discordia there! :lol:

Here's the prices on Amazon for the PD without pictures

3 new from $7.60   3 used from $25.60

Troof
Keep your hands in your pockets when you're talking to me.

Miley Spears

Don't forget The Book of the Subgenius its by The Good Reverend Roger and its fantastic!
Keep your hands in your pockets when you're talking to me.

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Roaring Biscuit!

it just keeps getting better...

the last yatto

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Iason Ouabache

Oooh, nice.  What all is in that one?

And why does no one ever mention the Summa Discordia? I like it almost as much as the PD.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Triple Zero

1. Fooled by Randomness by Nicholas Taleb (or Black Swan by same author. Talks about the same things, I liked the first better)

2. Transmetropolitan is a comic. IMO it's better at discordianism than Inviisbles cause the latter is also more about random occult transdimensional weirdness, and Transmet is simply pretty much the most fucking cool cyberpunk gonzo journalism story EVAR. I have no idea how difficult it is to get in dead tree format, but you can get the entire series off torrent (isohunt.com) easily.

3. maybe a bit odd to suggest in a list of books, but register at POEE.co.uk where you can read (nearly) all of Roger's essays, rants and stories. They're nicely ordered in their own subforum. They make for real good (and funny) reading, and taught me a lot about discordian (/subgenius) stuff that may be based on "the literature", but is in fact the result of one man (Raingod) thinking for himself, one way of living discordianism.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Miley Spears on August 01, 2009, 03:12:22 AM
Don't forget The Book of the Subgenius its by The Good Reverend Roger and its fantastic!

Your troll would have had the desired effect 2-3 years ago.  It's played out, now.

You missed all the fun.  Sucks to be you.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

the last yatto

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on August 01, 2009, 10:52:08 PM
Oooh, nice.  What all is in that one?
Discordia Totalis
Description: A compilation of 5 great works of Discordia, the Principia Discordia, The Metaclysmia Discordia, The Summa Discordia, The Book Of Eris, Zenarchy & The Zenarchist Cookbook, as an addendum I have also added the Apocrypha Discordia. All the works are (K) Kopyleft, All Rights Reversed... and found publically online. Eris wouldn't have it any other way.

http://www.lulu.com/content/hardcover-book/the-discordia-totalis/264905
i liked it cause the pdf was free and the hardcover appears to be at cost.
plus hurts like the dickens if you hit someone with it. too many meh
only dislike of the book is the number of blank pages which at this stage are almost counter productive as it weakens the binding a bit if you have alot

i wanna cut pages out but a friend has it under their protection
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit