News:

If you really want to hurt your parents, and you don't have the nerve to be a homosexual, the least you can do is go into the arts. But do not use semicolons. They are transvestite hermaphrodites, standing for absolutely nothing. All they do is show you've been to college.

Main Menu

New guy over here...

Started by Dimocritus, July 29, 2009, 06:01:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the last yatto

he even posted here once which i think how i found this place
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: la neige cône on August 02, 2009, 08:42:26 AM
Quote from: Iason Ouabache on August 01, 2009, 10:52:08 PM
Oooh, nice.  What all is in that one?
Discordia Totalis
Description: A compilation of 5 great works of Discordia, the Principia Discordia, The Metaclysmia Discordia, The Summa Discordia, The Book Of Eris, Zenarchy & The Zenarchist Cookbook, as an addendum I have also added the Apocrypha Discordia. All the works are (K) Kopyleft, All Rights Reversed... and found publically online. Eris wouldn't have it any other way.

http://www.lulu.com/content/hardcover-book/the-discordia-totalis/264905
i liked it cause the pdf was free and the hardcover appears to be at cost.
plus hurts like the dickens if you hit someone with it. too many meh
only dislike of the book is the number of blank pages which at this stage are almost counter productive as it weakens the binding a bit if you have alot

i wanna cut pages out but a friend has it under their protection

those are for you to draw on silly

the last yatto

for lulu printing the spine is actually pretty strong but im sure it would last alot longer with say half of em
as i can draw on 20 pages just as easily as i can 40.
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Captain Utopia

Quote from: Triple Zero on August 01, 2009, 11:44:56 PM
3. maybe a bit odd to suggest in a list of books, but register at POEE.co.uk where you can read (nearly) all of Roger's essays, rants and stories. They're nicely ordered in their own subforum. They make for real good (and funny) reading, and taught me a lot about discordian (/subgenius) stuff that may be based on "the literature", but is in fact the result of one man (Raingod) thinking for himself, one way of living discordianism.
Took me a while to get approved (?!) and find them, but thanks for the pointer!

Cain

That was probably my fault.

Cain,
absentee slumlord's enforcer for TWO Discordian sites.

Payne

Oddly enough, it was me who approved fictionpuss at POEE.

I felt compelled to Do The Right Thing, as I'll be meating Syn in 20 days, and he might eat me or set his wife on me or something.

Cain

Yeah, I meant it was my fault he wasn't approved before.

Payne

Yeah, I got that.

Just thought it was funny that it was me who approved him. It was so tempting to reject him, just for the hell of it.

But I'm a nice guy, honest.

Bu🤠ns

I personally like the unabridged audio version of Illuminatus. 

LMNO, Quantum Psychology?  So it's still worth reading after Prometheus Rising?

Telarus

RAW designed Quantum Psychology to be a group workbook, and so expands on a lot of the experiments that you can try to test your boundaries in the Circuits. Many of the exercises work best in a group setting, tho. Much of the language has been re-thought out, and the presentation has changed a bit. I still recommend reading both to people who ask, I see them as companion books.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Bu🤠ns

Thank you, Tel...i suppose I'll give it a try, then  :) .

Triple Zero

Quote from: 冷蔵庫 ც℧ℜℕ∫ on August 02, 2009, 10:21:50 PM

i didnt listen the entire audio book, but I got pretty far in it, and I thought it was pretty good. helped to have read the book twice, though.

and personally, i found QP to be at least as interesting as PR. the good thing about it is that RAW only uses Quantum as an analogy for his "maybe" psychology ideas, and never really tries to make the case that any weird phenomenon is "because of quantum" (except for his descriptions of actual quantum phenomena of course), but are more like "really twisted in a similar way that quantum is twisted" and perhaps "isnt it odd that we seem to discover these things in the same century" kind of.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: Triple Zero on August 03, 2009, 12:13:53 AM
Quote from: 冷蔵庫 ც℧ℜℕ∫ on August 02, 2009, 10:21:50 PM

i didnt listen the entire audio book, but I got pretty far in it, and I thought it was pretty good. helped to have read the book twice, though.

and personally, i found QP to be at least as interesting as PR. the good thing about it is that RAW only uses Quantum as an analogy for his "maybe" psychology ideas, and never really tries to make the case that any weird phenomenon is "because of quantum" (except for his descriptions of actual quantum phenomena of course), but are more like "really twisted in a similar way that quantum is twisted" and perhaps "isnt it odd that we seem to discover these things in the same century" kind of.

Very cool.  I'm halfway through the first chapter and am not quite sure why it's taken me so long since I was raving like hell about how cool PR was.  I might like to even begin a thread outlining some of my experiences with the exercises.  I'll see how it goes, I suppose.

Dimocritus

Wow. This thread is still going?

So, you mean to tell me that there is actually a review process for approval here? I thought that was like a joke of some sort. 
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

Cain

Yes.

If the review process says you are a spambot, you don't get approved.  We're so elitist and exclusive like that.