News:

Testimonial: "None of you seem aware of quite how bad you are. I mean I'm pretty outspoken on how bad the internet has gotten, but this is up there with the worst."

Main Menu

Nopants the Monk Explains Destiny

Started by Remington, August 01, 2009, 06:34:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

well it's not really your destiny if it can get screwed up, no?

Roaring Biscuit!

also how do you know it wasn't the leaf' destiny to be covered in shit? the student was only guessing at what he thought its destiny was.  why do people always seem to assume destiny means something good is going to happen to you...

Cramulus

Roaring Biscuit!

Remington

Quote from: Cramulus on August 03, 2009, 08:24:29 PM
are you gonna revise these?
Yeah, I should have time either tomorrow (unlikely) or the day after (more likely). I've also got some other projects and my job competing for attention, not to mention a raging Internet addiction  :x

Revising these pieces is about third in line on my writing checklist at the moment. I appreciate all the feedback so far though, and I'll definitely think about what had been suggested.
Is it plugged in?

Triple Zero

fwiw I like the first story, except for the reasons already listed in the thread.

I dont like the second story because it doesnt really explain a concept that needs explaning, plus it does it in a (IMO) stale way. Maybe better to make the student act like our typical n00b that thinks they have learned all about Discordianism and invariably turns out to be wrong?

as for the first story, a few remarks. correct me if I'm wrong but isnt part of the joke about Nopants the monk, that he wears no pants, but this fact is only hinted at and never explicitly stated? dunno ...

maybe an idea, what if the students idea for the leaf's destiny is that it will lie on the ground, all crumpled up and brown (as in autumn) ?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Remington

Quote from: Triple Zero on August 04, 2009, 08:47:49 AM
fwiw I like the first story, except for the reasons already listed in the thread.

as for the first story, a few remarks. correct me if I'm wrong but isnt part of the joke about Nopants the monk, that he wears no pants, but this fact is only hinted at and never explicitly stated? dunno ...
Agreed.

Quote from: Triple Zero on August 04, 2009, 08:47:49 AMmaybe an idea, what if the students idea for the leaf's destiny is that it will lie on the ground, all crumpled up and brown (as in autumn) ?
Actually, I really like this. brb ideas (and sleep, sleep first)
Is it plugged in?

LMNO

Yeah, the first story is pretty good, but the second could use some work.

Perhaps something about how black sheep are still sheep, or that being different like everyone else still isn't TFYS.

the last yatto

new moral of the day wouldnt be bad either
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit