News:

Mr Rogers is above all that nonsense.

Main Menu

switchGASM

Started by Ari, July 01, 2008, 01:46:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Yes, a brick of lard usually, and sometimes a notecard expressing appreciation. Maybe flowers or other gifts, and lots of sidewalk chalk for writing "PRAISE THE LARD" on the sidewalk.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

nostalgicBadger

GODBERRY!! - KING OF THE JUICE

sorry.
meh.

Gretel

This is such a great idea. I've done this a few times, changed poster places in university, or hang them upside down (sometimes leaving small notes behind the poster). But it was more for fun than anything else. After reading this thread I realized the great chances in mindfuck others but also train yourself in changing your environment.

Ari

I know a place here where they have this big poster (a2) at the entrance to the cantina.  The center sports a stencil of a half-pealed banana and it tells the reader that you should eat a power-banana cause they're good/healthy/something.

Imagine having a copy of said poster but exchange the banana with some cherries, or a rawberry for that matter. It will still have the same text, hang in the same place it's been hanging for years, the picture will just be a bit "rong".

Switch just before lunch and watch people plunge into confusion.
And before lunch is over you can even switch back for double mindfuckery.

I'll try to find the photo of said poster for better illustration.
パンクビッチ

Rococo Modem Basilisk

When I first read the topic title I thought it was a variant on the xkcd non-useful switch labels...

I like the idea of moving stuff around in subtle ways. This probably will not work on the shoppers in a supermarket, and will simply piss off the employees -- supermarkets typically change their layout on a schedule so that as soon as shoppers begin to get used to the layout, they have to adapt to a new layout (causing lots of walking around looking for where their cereal was moved, which sometimes makes people more likely to buy more stuff or something). However, somewhere like a cafe may be good. For instance, put the salt and pepper shakers next to the sink in the bathroom and put the bathroom soap in the basket on the table perhaps.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Hopeless in Xanadu

Any time I eat at a shitty chain restaurant (which is a lot), I take the inserts from their menus, and replace them with the inserts from the last restaurant I ate at. Rinse and repeat. Same with the little cardboard advertisements on the table as well. I've probably swapped almost a hundred restaurant things in the last few years.

That doesn't seem complete though. I need to think of something more, something that shouldn't be in a menu. Like a cable TV channel lineup card, or the card from the hotel that says "leave your towels on the floor if you want them washed," or maybe I should just print and laminate my own inserts.

Ari

HiX, I like that.
You could also scan and alter the inserts, then put the "new" version back into the restaurant.

An idea I had last night:
Switch the color of your friend's milk: Be unobserved near the fridge, add chocolate drink powder to their open milk carton, shake properly, resume normal activities. :evilmad:
It might ruin their first cup of coffee / bowl of cereal in the morning. But the moment brown milk comes out of that carton they will just be "WTF?".
パンクビッチ

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Or you could just put a couple of drops of food coloring in. Then you'd be less likely to ruin their morning, because it would taste the same, just be startling as hell.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

fragranceofheather

The obvious point that you're missing is that you're wasting your time. By the way, where IS Mike Chapman? He owes me money.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on April 30, 2009, 01:55:59 PM
Or you could just put a couple of drops of food coloring in. Then you'd be less likely to ruin their morning, because it would taste the same, just be startling as hell.
plus its more concentrated so its easier to hide.
plus plus it comes in all kinds of colors.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"