News:

PD.com: Living proof that just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Main Menu

Mascot

Started by Cramulus, August 03, 2009, 04:17:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

MMIX

Quote from: Cainad on August 05, 2009, 03:18:15 AM
Quote from: Cramulus on August 04, 2009, 10:28:19 PM
that would make sense. How would you divvy up the different aspects of PD?

The horrormirth of PD:

The rage of PD:
or maybe

The intellect of PD:

The antipathy of PD:

The humour of PD:

"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on August 03, 2009, 03:18:57 PM
For the scrid, I am particularily thinking of the version that has one of the hands pointing back at the viewer.  The other hands are pointing in various directions, I would pair this with the discussions we've had about Paths, representing the many different ways a person can go.  And the finger/hand pointing back at you is kind of, silently, begging the question.  "So, where are YOU going to go?" 

So, the Scrid is kind of a live-action Chaostar?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I'm thinking a pterodactyl with an erection, carrying a Golden Apple and smoking a pipe.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Or perhaps a cigar.

AFK

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on August 05, 2009, 03:40:13 PM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on August 03, 2009, 03:18:57 PM
For the scrid, I am particularily thinking of the version that has one of the hands pointing back at the viewer.  The other hands are pointing in various directions, I would pair this with the discussions we've had about Paths, representing the many different ways a person can go.  And the finger/hand pointing back at you is kind of, silently, begging the question.  "So, where are YOU going to go?" 

So, the Scrid is kind of a live-action Chaostar?

Pretty much, I don't know if that was the inspiration for him or not, but I think he does have that application. 

LMNO

He's a hyperintelligent squid, I have a feeling he can be anything he sets his cephalopodic mind to.

Cainad (dec.)

Actually, I think MMIX's fix to my post is a very good rundown of PD mascots.

Template

Quote from: Cainad on August 05, 2009, 04:46:24 PM
Actually, I think MMIX's fix to my post is a very good rundown of PD mascots.

Indeed.
:aaa: :1fap:   :aaa: :1fap:

MMIX

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on August 05, 2009, 03:43:58 PM
I'm thinking a pterodactyl with an erection, carrying a Golden Apple and smoking a pipe.

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus FuckOr perhaps a cigar.

[Freud voice] You know, sometimes a pterodactyl is just a pterodactyl [/Freud voice]
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Requia ☣

Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Golden Applesauce

There's always this guy, maybe with a golden apple?

but he seems a little to serious.

I do like the Scrid though.  He's pointing every which way, floats wherever he damn well feels like floating, and has a totally unreadable expression on his face.
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Cramulus

Iason Ouabache

I'll vote for anything by Magritte no matter what the question is. Don't forget that he also did this:

He liked apples a lot.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

AFK

Would you say he was a hard-core fan?