News:

What about those weed gangsters that are mad about you giving speeches in Bumfuck, Maine?

Main Menu

Schrodinger's Cat

Started by insideout, February 12, 2013, 08:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

insideout

So I'm reading Quantum Psychology by RAW, and it occurred to me that Schrodinger couldn't have had a cat.

Has anyone ever seen a cat that doesn't meow?  You'd obviously know if the cat is alive because you'd hear it meowing in the box if it's alive.

My cat loves to climb into boxes, and sooner or later he always meows.

Yes, I think I get the whole yes/no/maybe point of it and the whole bit about collapsing state vectors and all that stuff, but still...

just sayin' ...

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

The Good Reverend Roger

Um.

Yeah.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thought_experiment

Despite the well-known hatred physicists have for cats (throwing them out the window to demonstrate conservation of angular momentum, flinging them across frictionless surfaces, etc), no cat was ever jammed in a box with cyanide.  Maybe.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

At least, such a thing hasn't been observed.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on February 13, 2013, 01:53:13 PM
At least, such a thing hasn't been observed.

Well, that would sort of defeat the purpose.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division