News:

Please take a stand against our terrible values

Main Menu

Book Club: Angel Tech

Started by Cramulus, August 05, 2009, 08:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

And still others obsess about ways to stretch the metaphor to avoid facing the main issue.  :wink:

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: LMNO on November 11, 2009, 05:58:48 PM
And still others obsess about ways to stretch the metaphor to avoid facing the main issue.  :wink:

ROFL... I think that summary came out of one of the Cosmic Trigger books.

But, I think it makes a useful point. I have known some people that had their chapel perilous experience and just lost their shit. And others that think they got it all together, but instead they're like Fission Chips and get swallowed up by St. Toad.

But, in the end, its just a metaphor.  :lulz:
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Rococo Modem Basilisk

CP is like a BIP except scary -- it's scary because you know it's there, and you aren't entirely sure that's a good thing. If you think you have escaped, you probably haven't.

Is the above a valid statement?

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Enki v. 2.0 on November 11, 2009, 06:47:11 PM
CP is like a BIP except scary -- it's scary because you know it's there, and you aren't entirely sure that's a good thing. If you think you have escaped, you probably haven't.

Is the above a valid statement?

Hrmmm... thats good.

Though, maybe we could say that CP is like the hallway outside your cell in the BIP... Its not where you're safe, its not where everything is made by your experiences in life, it might lead to a new bigger and better cell, back to the old cell or into solitary confinement.

Hope it doesn't tear from all this stretching ;-)

Kai

CP could be a /revelation/ of a BIP, but no, CP isn't like a BIP. AA calls it a place but its more like a state of mind. On the other hand the BIP isn't a place either, or a state of mind, but a metaphor about reality filters.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Kai on November 11, 2009, 06:51:33 PM
CP could be a /revelation/ of a BIP, but no, CP isn't like a BIP. AA calls it a place but its more like a state of mind. On the other hand the BIP isn't a place either, or a state of mind, but a metaphor about reality filters.

CP can involve reality filters.... maybe we could say that CP is like the point when something takes a wrecking ball through one of the Walls of your BIP?

fomenter

metaphor testing

the bip is a prison made of bars, the cp is the in between where the bars have collapsed and their sharp ends are all pointing at you in a dangerous and unfamiliar way,
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Kai

We just broke both of them.  :lulz:
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Rococo Modem Basilisk

I approve of this metaphor.

I suppose I might frame CP in the BIP metaphor two ways myself: either your BIP (which while a prison is at least usually familiar) is suddenly replaced with something entirely different, without warning, or your BIP has been reformatted to something fundamentally paranoid (like a moving spiked prison with cameras designed for SM Snuff fans). I wouldn't say that the BIP is destroyed (even partially), but fundamentally changed in unfamiliar and threatening ways. Your space has been destroyed; your friends are your enemies, and those you thought meek are suddenly pointing guns in your face. Your circuit 1-4 imprints are no longer suitable for the environment, or alternately, your imprints have changed and the environment stayed the same -- or you are seeing the environment differently and neither have changed except in terms of perception.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

If we chew hard enough we might get GUM.

Ya know... the Grand Unified Metaphor ;-)

Kai

fomenter

"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

LMNO

CP is when your Reality Filter shatters.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: LMNO on November 11, 2009, 08:11:24 PM

YES! It goes from a window that you can look through to a kaleidoscope view from the force of the impact...

?

Kai

Quote from: Doctor Rat Bastard on November 11, 2009, 08:13:41 PM
Quote from: LMNO on November 11, 2009, 08:11:24 PM

YES! It goes from a window that you can look through to a kaleidoscope view from the force of the impact...

?

:x :argh!: :argh!: UNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNnGGGGGGg