PD.com: The culmination of the 'Ted Stevens Plan'

Main Menu

Book Club: Angel Tech

Started by Cramulus, August 05, 2009, 08:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 05, 2009, 07:35:05 PM
Quote from: Cramulus on August 05, 2009, 08:13:16 PM
I finished the intro and the first chapter. I had trouble with it.

It took a long time due to some reasons people may find dumb or stubborn.

For one, I am finding this to be quite boring so far, if only because I've already read Prometheus Rising, and a lot of other text on the 8-circuit model. This seems very similar. I'm not sure that I need another description/interpretation of Leary's work.

For two, the language turns me off. All the talk of angels, beings of light, and learning to love... So far, it reads like a self-help book. I guess it is a self-help book. Meh.

Kai said that Alli handles the circuits differently than RAW. Unlike RAW, Alli doesn't believe in using chemicals to stimulate the upper circuits (which is a relief because I have no desire to do ketamine in order to experience universal consciousness).

But other than that, how much of this is going to be "new" info for me? So far I have not encountered any new information. This is not the fault of the book, this is probably very useful for some people, it's just kind of played-out for someone that's been reading RAW and friends for 10+ years.

I'm gonna try it, because Prometheus Rising and The Cosmic Trigger were completely unreadable books full of very useful information.  If this book can impart the same info without being all hippyish, then I'm all for it.

Heh, AA is far more optimistic than RAW.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

I think the term I used was "Annoyingly Optimistic".

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on November 05, 2009, 08:05:04 PM
I think the term I used was "Annoyingly Optimistic".

Well, fuck that.  Ima go get more Warren Ellis.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

LMNO

I think we need to write a book on the 8C model in Roger Prime.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Quote from: LMNO on November 05, 2009, 08:08:03 PM

This.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on November 05, 2009, 08:08:03 PM

muhaha.

We don't need all 8 circuits, then, do we?

LMNO

Well, maybe we can replace Circuits 7 and 8 with Rage and Hate-Shitting?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on November 06, 2009, 01:44:45 PM
Well, maybe we can replace Circuits 7 and 8 with Rage and Hate-Shitting?

I thought that's what they were.   :?

LMNO

They are, but only when someone tries to describe to you what RAW thought they were.

TGRR: "Neuro-genetic what!? UUUUUNNNNNNNGGGGGHHHH!"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on November 06, 2009, 06:06:21 PM
They are, but only when someone tries to describe to you what RAW thought they were.

TGRR: "Neuro-genetic what!? UUUUUNNNNNNNGGGGGHHHH!"

I need a crane with wrecking ball attached, and I need to run around demolishing castles built on clouds.

LMNO

That sounds like the beginning of a "I'm pretty sure if you gave me..." post.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on November 06, 2009, 06:11:36 PM
That sounds like the beginning of a "I'm pretty sure if you gave me..." post.

Naw.  Big Tex is dead.  Got et by a grizzly bar.

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger