News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "I've always, always regarded the Discordians as being people who chose to be Discordians because they can't be arsed to actually do any work to develop a relationship with a specific deity, they were too wishy-washy to choose just one path, and they just want to be a mishmash of everything and not have to work at learning about rituals or traditions or any such thing as that."

Main Menu

THE CLASS WAR HAS BEGUN IN BERLIN!

Started by Cain, August 06, 2009, 10:47:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Aw yeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaah!

http://blog.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2009/08/04/tuesday_map_berlins_luxury_car_arson_outbreak

QuoteOver the last six months, more than 170 luxury cars have been set on fire in Berlin. Authorities are blaming the mysterious crime spree on left-wing radicals. But this is Google-age radicalism, as Australia's The Age explains:
QuoteA mysterious, single page website, brennende-autos.de (Burning Cars of Berlin), shows the number of cars set alight and where the crimes occurred, revealing clusters in ''richer'' areas, or in suburbs where gentrification and redevelopment are changing the demographic of local neighbourhoods.

Here a link to the page. Weird stuff.

http://www.brennende-autos.de/

Cainad (dec.)

Oh wow. In my town, setting the luxury cars on fire would leave half the population without a car. :lol:  Mercedes, Cadillacs, and BMWs everywhere.

Triple Zero

tee hee heee :)

but, pondering just for a moment about the usefulness of class war like this,

first, doesn't it mostly target the medium upperclass pretty damn rich but not super rich? aka people that still actually do honest work but just one that happens to pay pretty damn good, like doctors and dentists and (you may laugh but at least they're not bankers) lawyers?

how can you make more sure that you're just targeting the crazy filthy rich, the fat bastards that still get huge bonuses in the economic recession?

and second, even if you'd just target the mega rich, due to their really skewed income distribution, it's not that hard for the hyper ultra rich to still keep out of the picture and/or hire guards to protect themselves, and you'd still miss a significant portion of the total capital.

i dunno just some first thoughts, maybe I'm missing the point entirely though
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Golden Applesauce

Quote from: Triple Zero on August 06, 2009, 12:07:12 PM
tee hee heee :)

but, pondering just for a moment about the usefulness of class war like this,

first, doesn't it mostly target the medium upperclass pretty damn rich but not super rich? aka people that still actually do honest work but just one that happens to pay pretty damn good, like doctors and dentists and (you may laugh but at least they're not bankers) lawyers?

how can you make more sure that you're just targeting the crazy filthy rich, the fat bastards that still get huge bonuses in the economic recession?

and second, even if you'd just target the mega rich, due to their really skewed income distribution, it's not that hard for the hyper ultra rich to still keep out of the picture and/or hire guards to protect themselves, and you'd still miss a significant portion of the total capital.

i dunno just some first thoughts, maybe I'm missing the point entirely though

You're thinking about this much too hard.

If they have a nice car, and you don't, they obviously have stolen the opportunity to possess it from you.  Pretty simple, right?
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

LMNO

Five bucks says the perps are a bunch of white-collar middle-class teenagers who missed out on the WTO riots because they were studying for their A-Levels.

Triple Zero

Quote from: GA on August 06, 2009, 03:19:46 PMthey have a nice car

you don't

they

have stolen

from you

HUH?!!?!!!

THEY DIDF WHAT!!??!?!!

RRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!

MUST

BURN

BURN

MUST

BURN

SHINY THING!!!!

:cramstipated:
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Rumckle

The only thing better than a shiny thing, is a shiny thing that's on fire.

And tits.
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Cain

If only they set the upper classes robot slaves' tits on fire.

Jenne

Quote from: LMNO on August 06, 2009, 03:23:03 PM
Five bucks says the perps are a bunch of white-collar middle-class teenagers who missed out on the WTO riots because they were studying for their A-Levels.

Word.

Also, the super-rich are super-hard to get a hold of and do this to.  They tend to have "people" that protect them from such goings-on.

Requia ☣

You could try finding the 'reserved for the cxo' signs, but there are probably going to be a *lot* of cameras there
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.