News:

PD.com: Worse than that time when I conjured a handkerchief from that deaf kid's ear.

Main Menu

I want to hurt you.

Started by Dimocritus, August 06, 2009, 06:38:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dimocritus

Quote from: LMNO on August 06, 2009, 08:34:40 PM
Quote from: Dimo1138 on August 06, 2009, 08:31:51 PM
Quote from: Thurnez Isa on August 06, 2009, 08:28:24 PM
no
this thread needs better music

Do you write music?

I honestly don't see what that has to do with anything.

I just wanted to see if his opinion was based on anything other than being a jerk.
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

LMNO

What does the ability to write music have anything to do with the ability to understand and appreciate music?

Musicians that think that way fucking suck.

Dimocritus

Quote from: LMNO on August 06, 2009, 08:30:51 PM
This thread needs less myspace.

There's nothing there, but here you go:

www.theparaplegics.com

Thurnez Isa

Quote from: Dimo1138 on August 06, 2009, 08:38:29 PM
Quote from: LMNO on August 06, 2009, 08:34:40 PM
no

Do you write music?

I honestly don't see what that has to do with anything.

I just wanted to see if his opinion was based on anything other than being a jerk.

a little bit from column A a little bit from column B
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Dimocritus

Quote from: LMNO on August 06, 2009, 08:40:42 PM
What does the ability to write music have anything to do with the ability to understand and appreciate music?

Musicians that think that way fucking suck.

I never said that, so I'd appreciate you not putting words in my mouth (unless the word was "beer"). I simply wanted to know what his opinion was based on, I was not commenting on whether or not it was properly developed.

LMNO

So why did you ask if he wrote music, then?

You were obviously using it as a basis to judge if his opinion was worth a damn.

Dimocritus

Quote from: LMNO on August 06, 2009, 08:45:04 PM
So why did you ask if he wrote music, then?

You were obviously using it as a basis to judge if his opinion was worth a damn.

You're starting to remind me of fictionpuss...

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

YOU remind me fictionpuss dimo

Dimocritus

Quote from: ✡ Rabbi ✡ Fred ✡ on August 06, 2009, 08:47:04 PM
:lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

YOU remind me fictionpuss dimo

Please, I'm way less pretentious than that fagbasket. Plus I'm not racist or a pedophile. 

LMNO

Ok, let's back up then.

no

Do you write music?

Please explain the reason you asked the question.

Oh, wait...

Please explain why you think his ability to write music somehow affects his opinion.

Incidentally, I'm incredibly pretentious.  But I'm also usually right, so...

Dimocritus

Quote from: LMNO on August 06, 2009, 08:50:21 PM
Ok, let's back up then.

no

Do you write music?

Oh, wait...

Please explain why you think his ability to write music somehow affects his opinion.

Are you serious? Please explain to me how his ability/inability to write music wouldn't effect his opinion? I think my opinion of, say, the A-bomb may differ depending on whether on not I'm in the blast radius. Honestly, it may not make a huge difference, but it'll make a difference. Let's not be silly...

Fuquad

Quote from: Dimo1138 on August 06, 2009, 08:54:46 PM
Ok, let's back up then.

no

Do you write music?

Oh, wait...

Are you serious? Please explain to me how his ability/inability to write music wouldn't effect his opinion? I think my opinion of, say, the A-bomb may differ depending on whether on not I'm in the blast radius. Honestly, it may not make a huge difference, but it'll make a difference. Let's not be silly...
Listening to music is the analogy of being within the blast radius of  the A-Bomb.
The analogy of the question you asked is "Have you ever built an A-bomb?"

the implication is that if someone hasn't built an A-bomb their opinion of being subjected to one is less than that of someone who has built one.

THE WORST FORUM ON THE INTERNET

Pariah

Play safe! Ski only in a clockwise direction! Let's all have fun together!

Dimocritus

Quote from: A Pesky Nonvoting Screeching on August 06, 2009, 09:06:01 PM
Quote from: Dimo1138 on August 06, 2009, 08:54:46 PM
Ok, let's back up then.

no

Do you write music?

Oh, wait...

Listening to music is the analogy of being within the blast radius of  the A-Bomb.
The analogy of the question you asked is "Have you ever built an A-bomb?"

the implication is that if someone hasn't built an A-bomb their opinion of being subjected to one is less than that of someone who has built one.

Fair enough, but even then, my opinion of the A-bomb would most likely be different if I had built one than what my opinion is now. Being inside it will give me a different viewpoint. Whether or not that makes a more or less developed or accurate opinion is arguable, and for the sake of this conversation, doesn't matter. The only thing I was trying to say was that involvement in something will have a different effect on opinion. I never said that people that don't write music have a no place having an opinion on, or appreciating music, but it will be on a (at least slightly) different plane (at least in most cases).

Pariah

Quote from: Dimo1138 on August 06, 2009, 09:28:48 PM
Fair enough, but even then, my opinion of the A-bomb would most likely be different if I had built one than what my opinion is now. Being inside it will give me a different viewpoint. Whether or not that makes a more or less developed or accurate opinion is arguable, and for the sake of this conversation, doesn't matter. The only thing I was trying to say was that involvement in something will have a different effect on opinion. I never said that people that don't write music have a no place having an opinion on, or appreciating music, but it will be on a (at least slightly) different plane (at least in most cases).

Question is if you had built an A-bomb and was talking to some one who was subjected to an A-Bomb would you say "Have you built an A-bomb? If not shut up!"
Play safe! Ski only in a clockwise direction! Let's all have fun together!