News:

That line from the father's song in Mary Poppins, where he's going on about how nothing can go wrong, in Britain in 1910.  That's about the point I realized the boy was gonna die in a trench.

Main Menu

The Aftermath Games!

Started by Peterson Silva, August 06, 2009, 10:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peterson Silva

ATTENTION, DISCORDIANS ALL OVER THE WORLD!

Hello! For those who don't remember I am Peterson, a discordian from Brazil. We were in a chat room yesterday and had an idea: why don't we create the first discordian olimpic games? It would be a competition, but not about sports - it's all about MINDFUCKS!!

The idea - for now - is to have a worldwide competition by city: a group (or even an individual) representing the city where it lives. The competition would have categories - like the ancient game "sink", a mindfuck involving music, whatever - and there's a new system to define the winner (if there's meant to be one).

The system works like this: There is a group in A city, a group in B city and a group living at city C. Then the A group does a mindfuck - and of course, provides a way to prove it, like photos or videos - and then the other competitors check it out. Then the B group does another thing - but although they were good, in order for a mindfuck to actually win, it has to be FUCKING GOOD - let's suppose C group does something REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEALLY fantastic. What is considered to be really fantastic? That one thing which makes A and B look and think "ok, I admit: C group won" - that's the spirit: when all the competitors agree that one group won the competition, it has won the competition.

The date thought to be the start of everything would be October 20th - this is because this day is actually the 1st of Aftermath, and that's why the name - right now, but that could also change if we have a really really nicer idea - is The Aftermath Games + it's variations, so we get to celebrate the end of Bureucracy. But hey, what do I mean by "variations?" - I mean that the name is changeable to anything that resembles it - and in any other language, like The Aftermath Tournament, Jogos da Pós-Matemática or The Pós-Математика Games!

All of this is a brainstorm: nothing is really concrete and we'd like to know if you are excited about this; we still have to have ideas about the categories and stuff, but that's quite an skeleton, innit?

OH YES, and that's IMPORTANT: Everyone is invited. Many of us are discordians so we hanged around the mithology but everybody can get in the ride. Subgenii, shimonians, it doesn't matter at all - no limits to fun =)

So, what do you think?
babble babble bitch bitch rebel rebel party party sex sex sex and don't forget the violence blah blah blah get you lovey-dovey sad and lonely stick your stupid slogan in and everybody sing along

Peterson Silva

Also important: for those who have twitter, I'm posting about this with the #aftermath tag =)
babble babble bitch bitch rebel rebel party party sex sex sex and don't forget the violence blah blah blah get you lovey-dovey sad and lonely stick your stupid slogan in and everybody sing along

dudektria

Would you mind if I eat it?
Go! :)

Iason Ouabache

I'm intrigued by this idea. Only problem is that I'm the only Discordian within a 100 mile radius. Will individuals be allowed to compete?

Also, #aftermath is too common to be able to follow on Twitter. Try picking a less common name or make something new up. Acronyms work really well too.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Pope Pixie Pickle

He seems like such a happy enthusiastic chap, this Peterson fellow.  :mrgreen:

we should figure out a way to do discordian olympics online... task  footage, voting.

better to use the ice skating scores for teh votage.

BADGE OF HONOR

Poor bastard has yet to discover that people who spend a lot of time on the internet are unwilling to make a lot of irl effort.
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

dudektria

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on August 07, 2009, 02:48:29 AM
I'm intrigued by this idea. Only problem is that I'm the only Discordian within a 100 mile radius. Will individuals be allowed to compete?

Also, #aftermath is too common to be able to follow on Twitter. Try picking a less common name or make something new up. Acronyms work really well too.

Discordian individuals SHOULD compete! :)
We think #aftermath is strange enough. You're going to see a lot of german weird tweets with that tag, and we think people ARE in the game, they just didn't realize it yet!
In the meanwhile, you can use the name you want, as Peterson said.

dudektria

Quote from: BADGE OF HONOR on August 07, 2009, 05:15:08 AM
Poor bastard has yet to discover that people who spend a lot of time on the internet are unwilling to make a lot of irl effort.

It's quite sad that you think like that...

BADGE OF HONOR

Quote from: dudektria on August 07, 2009, 12:37:32 PM

It's quite sad that it's the truth. 
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Peterson Silva

Quote from: BADGE OF HONOR on August 07, 2009, 04:57:17 PM

Since when there is such a thing as THE truth? =)

Yes, individuals are invited, anyone is invited to play - play as they can. We (I believe most of us) have, unfortunately, other things to do which take us time, we cannot dedicate ourselves entirely to this like people who play sports in the olimpics, but we have weekends and free times and holidays and stuff, so we can still have some fun =D

LMNO

Quote from: BADGE OF HONOR on August 07, 2009, 04:57:17 PM

Maybe things are different in Brazil...?

BADGE OF HONOR

Maybe! 

Also it's olympics not olimpics just FYI.

AFK

Maybe things are different in Brazil...?
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

BADGE OF HONOR

This is not a Portugese message board.