News:

You have [3] new messages in your inbox

Main Menu

Unofficial "Is X a discordian" thread

Started by Rococo Modem Basilisk, August 08, 2009, 10:22:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rococo Modem Basilisk

In almost every case, unless X has publically admitted it, the answer is: "Maybe, how the hell should we know?" That is, unless the person died prior to the 1950s, in which case almost certainly not.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Triple Zero

X is the roman numeral for 10, which is two times five.

Hence, X is discordian.

QED
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Quote from: Triple Zero on August 08, 2009, 10:27:59 PM

Hence, X two discordians.

QED

Fixed. [/pedant]

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Enki v. 2.0 on August 08, 2009, 10:32:21 PM

QED

Fixed. [/pedant]

If you're going to be pedantic, you should try to be RIGHT. Your correction makes no sense.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Epimetheus

I think Enki meant "X is two discordians," but forgot the "is".
Such a conclusion was derived from the fact that ten was said to be two times five.
Two fives = two Discordians.
Clear enough?
POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The question is "is X a discordian?"

Since the question is posed with the subject in singular, it is evident that "X" stands for the name of an individual. When you Lo5 "X", the answer to the question posed is evidently yes.

In other words, 000's joke was totally funny, and Enki's attempt at pedantry was not only unfunny, but also semantically incorrect.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Epimetheus

Well  :monkeydance: :monkeydance: :monkeydance: :monkeydance: :monkeydance:!!!

How's the semantic structure of THAT? HUH? :argh!:

:asshat:
POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

Iason Ouabache

Well, that was dumb.

Quote from: Enki v. 2.0 on August 08, 2009, 10:22:46 PM
In almost every case, unless X has publically admitted it, the answer is: "Maybe, how the hell should we know?" That is, unless the person died prior to the 1950s, in which case almost certainly not.
Is it ok to say that people who have Erisian tendencies in recent times are Discordianesque ("in the style or manner of Discordians") and people that died before the 1950s were proto-Discordians ("the earliest form of Discordians")? For example, George Carlin and Douglas Adams would be Discordianesque while Heraclitus and Albert Camus would be proto-Discordians.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

The Good Reverend Roger

This thread confirms my (very) low opinion of Enki's intellect.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Triple Zero

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on August 09, 2009, 04:18:51 AMSince the question is posed with the subject in singular, it is evident that "X" stands for the name of an individual. When you Lo5 "X", the answer to the question posed is evidently yes.

In other words, 000's joke was totally funny, and Enki's attempt at pedantry was not only unfunny, but also semantically incorrect.

I actually thought it was funny as well. Your pedantry, not so much ...
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

hirley0

20100308 11:50PM psT I seriously doubt this was posted by me GIrl

:?
TNM « 1 2 3 4 »  hirley0  50  3040   Today at 02:28:44 AM
by hirley0  
   Unofficial "Is X a discordian" thread   Enki v. 2.0  9  111   Today at 12:44:14 AM
by Triple Zero  
:?

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on August 09, 2009, 03:12:19 AM
Quote from: Enki v. 2.0 on August 08, 2009, 10:32:21 PM

QED

Fixed. [/pedant]

If you're going to be pedantic, you should try to be RIGHT. Your correction makes no sense.

:oops:

Unofficial "Is X a discordian" thread  Enki v. 2.0  10  114   Today at 02:34:07 AM
by hirley0  
   TNM « 1 2 3 4 »  hirley0  50  3040   Today at 02:28:44 AM
by hirley0  

:oops:

Cramulus

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on August 09, 2009, 04:18:51 AM

Since the question is posed with the subject in singular, it is evident that "X" stands for the name of an individual. When you Lo5 "X", the answer to the question posed is evidently yes.

actually I got his joke

it is evident that X was being treated as a roman numeral, hence two fives, hence two discordians.

this is a tough crowd!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cramulus on August 09, 2009, 01:29:17 PM
Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on August 09, 2009, 04:18:51 AM

actually I got his joke

it is evident that X was being treated as a roman numeral, hence two fives, hence two discordians.

this is a tough crowd!

Oh, I got it just fine, I just thought it was ruined in delivery because it was presented as pedantry, but was semantically incorrect.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Triple Zero on August 09, 2009, 09:44:14 AM
Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on August 09, 2009, 04:18:51 AMSince the question is posed with the subject in singular, it is evident that "X" stands for the name of an individual. When you Lo5 "X", the answer to the question posed is evidently yes.

I am out-pedanting him.

LAST LAUGH'S ON ME, MOTHERFUCKERS.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on August 09, 2009, 04:44:22 PM
Quote from: Triple Zero on August 09, 2009, 09:44:14 AM

I am out-pedanting him.

LAST LAUGH'S ON ME, MOTHERFUCKERS.

Bartender, another round of laughs for everyone. Nigel will foot the bill.