News:

And if you've misplaced your penis, never fear. This forum is full of dicks.

Main Menu

MISOGYNY STICKERS (a.k.a. the 'Fictionpuss is wrong' thread)

Started by Cainad (dec.), August 11, 2009, 05:59:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richter

Quote from: Cain on August 11, 2009, 07:20:37 PM
Not sure if its the same guy, but I know a student at Nottingham is getting deported to Algeria.  He was, like me, studying terrorism, and, like everyone who studies terrorism, read the 1996 Al-Qaeda manual, hosted on the US Department of Justice's website.  Unlike everyone else who studies terrorism, he was then accused of accessing "terrorist material", thrown in a cell for several weeks, and is now being forced to leave the country.

Isn't that entrapment?
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Verbal Mike

Quote from: Richter on August 11, 2009, 07:33:47 PM
Quote from: Cain on August 11, 2009, 07:20:37 PM
Not sure if its the same guy, but I know a student at Nottingham is getting deported to Algeria.  He was, like me, studying terrorism, and, like everyone who studies terrorism, read the 1996 Al-Qaeda manual, hosted on the US Department of Justice's website.  Unlike everyone else who studies terrorism, he was then accused of accessing "terrorist material", thrown in a cell for several weeks, and is now being forced to leave the country.

Isn't that entrapment?
Pff, this is wartime! We don't have time for legalistic bickering!
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

Cain

Quote from: Jenne on August 11, 2009, 07:28:08 PM
My brother-in-law direct from Afghanistan-by-way-of-Pakistan now wants to go to UC Santa Barbara to study poli sci IR...times could get interesting for that little fuck soon enough.

Could be.  Usually though, terrorism tends to be its own department, or at least only loosely associated with IR, since there is very little real theoretical crossover between it and IR theory.  If they study criminology or deviant psychology there, it might easily come under those fields instead.

Quote from: Richter on August 11, 2009, 07:33:47 PM
Isn't that entrapment?

No, because the DoJ isn't part of the UK government (yes, this was an American government website) and because he was reported by someone in the IT dept at the University.

Jenne

Quote from: Cain on August 12, 2009, 06:13:16 AM
Quote from: Jenne on August 11, 2009, 07:28:08 PM
My brother-in-law direct from Afghanistan-by-way-of-Pakistan now wants to go to UC Santa Barbara to study poli sci IR...times could get interesting for that little fuck soon enough.

Could be.  Usually though, terrorism tends to be its own department, or at least only loosely associated with IR, since there is very little real theoretical crossover between it and IR theory.  If they study criminology or deviant psychology there, it might easily come under those fields instead.

Ah.  I haven't been a part of that department since '93, so I wouldn't know for sure.  I was fairly taken aback when he said he wanted to study there for that particular thing.  Having been poli sci IR for 3 years myself...just found it odd.  Some excellent professors there, though, and damn did I learn a lot.

the last yatto

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Pariah

Play safe! Ski only in a clockwise direction! Let's all have fun together!

East Coast Hustle

It's not really flaming when everybody's just telling an idiot that they're an idiot.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Cainad (dec.)

I realize I'm probably the only one who feels this way, but god damn this thread makes me giggle. Yes, I know it's lame to laugh at your own thread when it went exactly the way you expected it to.

Captain Utopia

Quote from: Cainad on August 18, 2009, 01:08:38 AM
I realize I'm probably the only one who feels this way, but god damn this thread makes me giggle. Yes, I know it's lame to laugh at your own thread when it went exactly the way you expected it to.
You're not alone ;-)

Cainad (dec.)

:lulz: Holy shit I forgot about this. Good times.

N00bs should piss me off more often; it moves me to create stuff.

Lord Quantum

Quote from: LMNO on August 11, 2009, 06:51:42 PM
Ideas are not actions.

I really hope I don't have to clarify this any further.

Actually, could you go to my (former) church and explain this concept in-depth? I said that in a meeting once and
was given a letter a week later informing me that I'm a heretic.
Quote from: Cain on March 28, 2010, 09:44:45 PM
Fuck it.  I'm going to get ordained as a Catholic priest and start robbing banks and mugging people.  I mean, apparently, you can be excused any crime if you're in with the Big V.

Quote from: Requia ☣ on September 28, 2008, 02:09:45 AM

Lets try it on an even simpler level:

1) There is a minimum energy/mass things can have, everything can be measured in a multiple of this minimum.

2) Objects at this size, or close to it, don't have an exact position or velocity, so they look like waves in most experiments.

3) If you try to measure the location, they act more like particles, just to fuck with you, but the velocity gets more uncertain, also just to fuck with you.

Conclusion: God hates physicists.

GASMs - PosterGASM (Calvinball edition), AbbyGASM

Pirate Pass Off Scorecard (5)

LMNO

Lord Quantum

Quote from: Cain on March 28, 2010, 09:44:45 PM
Fuck it.  I'm going to get ordained as a Catholic priest and start robbing banks and mugging people.  I mean, apparently, you can be excused any crime if you're in with the Big V.

Quote from: Requia ☣ on September 28, 2008, 02:09:45 AM

Lets try it on an even simpler level:

1) There is a minimum energy/mass things can have, everything can be measured in a multiple of this minimum.

2) Objects at this size, or close to it, don't have an exact position or velocity, so they look like waves in most experiments.

3) If you try to measure the location, they act more like particles, just to fuck with you, but the velocity gets more uncertain, also just to fuck with you.

Conclusion: God hates physicists.

GASMs - PosterGASM (Calvinball edition), AbbyGASM

Pirate Pass Off Scorecard (5)

LMNO