News:

It is our goal to harrass and harangue you ever further toward our own incoherent brand of horse-laugh radicalism.

Main Menu

MISOGYNY STICKERS (a.k.a. the 'Fictionpuss is wrong' thread)

Started by Cainad (dec.), August 11, 2009, 05:59:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iron Sulfide

srsly- your church members sent you a letter? you roll(ed) with some pretty mellow christians, it sounds like.

i had one guy almost beat my ass for saying that the resurrection and the virgin birth were the same metaphor.
he was mostly pissed that i said "metaphor".

Isn't irony wonderful?
Ya' stupid Yank.

Lord Quantum

Yeah, in the Churches of Christ excommunication is done through what they call "Marking and Avoiding" which basically means that the leadership of your congregation informs you (and the rest of the congregation) that you are "walking disorderly". This announcement figuratively "marks" you as a heretic and lets everyone know that they should literally avoid all contact with you. Of course, since you have to be informed of this in person, they don't actually mail the letter to you. They read it aloud in a closed door meeting and then hand you the letter. And if you're loony enough to go to another Church of Christ you're supposed to tell the leaders there that you've been marked somewhere else so that can decide whether or not you're allowed to attend church with them.
Quote from: Cain on March 28, 2010, 09:44:45 PM
Fuck it.  I'm going to get ordained as a Catholic priest and start robbing banks and mugging people.  I mean, apparently, you can be excused any crime if you're in with the Big V.

Quote from: Requia ☣ on September 28, 2008, 02:09:45 AM

Lets try it on an even simpler level:

1) There is a minimum energy/mass things can have, everything can be measured in a multiple of this minimum.

2) Objects at this size, or close to it, don't have an exact position or velocity, so they look like waves in most experiments.

3) If you try to measure the location, they act more like particles, just to fuck with you, but the velocity gets more uncertain, also just to fuck with you.

Conclusion: God hates physicists.

GASMs - PosterGASM (Calvinball edition), AbbyGASM

Pirate Pass Off Scorecard (5)

Freeky

BadBeast

Quote from: Cainad on August 11, 2009, 05:59:36 PM
http://ifile.it/zs0wybu

This is a pdf sheet of address label-sized stickers (Avery 8660). Half of them say "Most men secretly hate women, and most women secretly think they deserve it" and the other half say "Most women secretly hate men, and most men secretly think they deserve it."

Print these out, and put them up all over the goddamn place. Then report back with stories of how being exposed to this idea has caused men to devolve into women-haters.

What if the people exposed, are already misogynists? Does the idea reinforce their position?
Or make them more likely to examine their barely suppressed, but ultimately impotent need for sexual validation, from their recently deceased Mothers?  
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Pope Pixie Pickle

Triple Zero

I asked the same thing a little while ago, but nobody answered?

FICTIONPPUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSS!!11
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Pope Pixie Pickle

Triple Zero

Maybe he was a government agent and his contract ended?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Pope Pixie Pickle

Maybe he beat the noisy neighbours to a pulp and got arrested.

BadBeast

Quote from: Triple Zero on April 21, 2010, 04:58:13 PM
Maybe he was a government agent and his contract ended?

With extreme prejudice, too, you know what those fuckers are like about contracts!
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: BadBeast on April 21, 2010, 10:39:36 AM
Quote from: Cainad on August 11, 2009, 05:59:36 PM
http://ifile.it/zs0wybu

This is a pdf sheet of address label-sized stickers (Avery 8660). Half of them say "Most men secretly hate women, and most women secretly think they deserve it" and the other half say "Most women secretly hate men, and most men secretly think they deserve it."

Print these out, and put them up all over the goddamn place. Then report back with stories of how being exposed to this idea has caused men to devolve into women-haters.

What if the people exposed, are already misogynists? Does the idea reinforce their position?
Or make them more likely to examine their barely suppressed, but ultimately impotent need for sexual validation, from their recently deceased Mothers?  

I dunno, does it? And if it does, is it my fault?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Captain Utopia on August 11, 2009, 06:35:36 PM
Quote from: [uV*] on August 11, 2009, 06:29:34 PM
Cainad, unless you make stickering your full-time job, statistical fluctuation will make any effect meaningless. This would only make sense if it's a VERY CONCENTRATED effort of several people over a limited area and a long span of time (say, a year or five), and I don't think anyone here hates fictionpuss quite that bad.

Umm, I mean, DO EEEET!!! FOR SCIENCE!!!!
If you work in a cake factory, and piss herpes into the cake mix, can you measure the over the statistical fluctuation? No.

Is that a reason/excuse to go ahead and do it anyway because of your inability to measure the results of your actions? No.

Spreading bad ideas is a bad idea.

I disagree.  One of the oddest parts of the success of the civil rights movement was the TV show All in the Family, the central character of which was an apologist bigot.  He was made to look stupid, just by voicing the opinions of apologist-type bigots everywhere.  It made being a bigot look silly.  It worked.

For a half-hour a night, Monday through Friday, that show broadcast bad ideas.

And it moved race relations forward by about 20 years.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cainad (dec.)

<re-reads first page>

Man, I haven't been that big of an ass to anyone just to make my point in ages. :lulz:

Captain Utopia

Quote from: Cainad on February 07, 2011, 06:06:46 PM
<re-reads first page>

Man, I haven't been that big of an ass to anyone just to make my point in ages. :lulz:

Meh, I was probably asking for it.  The self-righteous shining knight routine gets old quick.
Bad Ideas!Noooo!

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 07, 2011, 05:19:00 PM
Quote from: Captain Utopia on August 11, 2009, 06:35:36 PM
Quote from: [uV*] on August 11, 2009, 06:29:34 PM
Cainad, unless you make stickering your full-time job, statistical fluctuation will make any effect meaningless. This would only make sense if it's a VERY CONCENTRATED effort of several people over a limited area and a long span of time (say, a year or five), and I don't think anyone here hates fictionpuss quite that bad.

Umm, I mean, DO EEEET!!! FOR SCIENCE!!!!
If you work in a cake factory, and piss herpes into the cake mix, can you measure the over the statistical fluctuation? No.

Is that a reason/excuse to go ahead and do it anyway because of your inability to measure the results of your actions? No.

Spreading bad ideas is a bad idea.

I disagree.  One of the oddest parts of the success of the civil rights movement was the TV show All in the Family, the central character of which was an apologist bigot.  He was made to look stupid, just by voicing the opinions of apologist-type bigots everywhere.  It made being a bigot look silly.  It worked.

For a half-hour a night, Monday through Friday, that show broadcast bad ideas.

And it moved race relations forward by about 20 years.

I think that's different because you're not spreading a bad idea if you're mocking it.  If you want to use that analogy, the stickers were the equivalent of throwing racist propaganda into the world, just to see what sticks.

Context is central.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Captain Utopia on February 07, 2011, 06:53:05 PM
I think that's different because you're not spreading a bad idea if you're mocking it.  If you want to use that analogy, the stickers were the equivalent of throwing racist propaganda into the world, just to see what sticks.

There wasn't much mockery necessary.  The show just showed racists as they really are/were, with their pants down and their idiocy hanging out.

The concept in the OP is no different.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.