News:

PD.Com: Pretention in a can.

Main Menu

Jeff Sharlet--Anyone heard of this guy?

Started by Jenne, August 12, 2009, 05:33:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenne

Captain Utopia

Unfortunately he didn't add any new info if you've already seen some of his other interviews - e.g. Maddow.

Jenne

Yeah, it's only 849 pm here, so I'll watch it and compare to his Maher interview.  Maher's interested in this because of his fixation with religion.

Captain Utopia

On Maher: I used to have very much a "live and let live" attitude towards religions and the people who uphold them. But recently I've found myself agreeing more with Maher on the "fuck religion, it's stupid, and it's going to get us all killed if we don't grow out of it" side of the fence.

The Family is a case in point - I don't claim to know the answers, but I'm pretty sure it looks nothing like their vision.

Jenne

He has a point.  I have to say I wasn't turned off by "Religulous" as much as some on here have been...I hated the ending, it was a little too self-congratulatory, even for MAHER, for me.  But I think his show's been getting better since it started on HBO.  I was kinda "meh" about it at first, but then I noticed how on-point he's been since Obama came upon the scene.  I like that.  We do need the court jesters to not give up now that "their boy"'s in office.  It's refreshing after the rabid rumor-mongering of the Fux News crews and the rim-jobbing of the (P)MSNBC folks.