News:

Hand drawn by monkeys in sweat-shop conditions.

Main Menu

ATTN: Calendar people! A new Discordian Holyday

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, August 12, 2009, 10:04:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Aftermath 65, (December 23), is now the holyday known as "Circlemas", on which circles are pondered, noticed, and appreciated. To celebrate Circlemas, you may wish to decorate yourself, your household, or other things with circles and circular patterns, and partake only of circular foods such as cake, pie, and pizza.

Or, you may not.

People who make the awesome calendar .pdf, would you mind terribly adding it to the 3176 calendar? It would be completely fantastic if you would.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

AFK

I nominate LMNO's "Circular Reasoning" song as the official song of Circlemas. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

Which can be found here:

www.reverbnation.com/earfatigueproductions

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Bu🤠ns

I move that nomnomination to be CLOSED.  What else can we circle...perhaps...the wagons?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The omnomnomination process for "circular reasoning" is now closed, and it is now the unofficial theme song of Circlemas.

singer

Damn, too late.  And just when I was gonna recommend the final cut on Lou Reed's "Metal Machine Music" LP.
"Magic" is one of the fundamental properties of "Reality"

Verbal Mike

Wasn't Circlemas on Bureaucracy 55, when people are less distracted by that pagan tree/zombie thing?
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: [uV*] on August 19, 2009, 01:07:57 AM
Wasn't Circlemas on Bureaucracy 55, when people are less distracted by that pagan tree/zombie thing?

NO

Circlemas is on Aftermath 65. If you want a holiday to be on Bureaucracy 55, you'll have to invent one.

Verbal Mike

Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Actually, not being a person who celebrates the tree zombie holiday, I've found that I can ALWAYS have a magnificent dinner party just a few days before it, and everyone will come, relieved to be at an event where no gifts or holiday cheer are expected.

Well, I guess part of that might be that a shit ton of my friends are Jews, but whatever.

Now my annual dinner party has a theme! Yay circles!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Truth be told, I'm just doing it to impress a guy. But I think we can all agree that adding a new holiday to the Discordian calendar in order to get me laid is a worthy endeavor. He might let me buttsex him!

Requia ☣

Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on August 19, 2009, 02:35:19 AM
Actually, not being a person who celebrates the tree zombie holiday, I've found that I can ALWAYS have a magnificent dinner party just a few days before it, and everyone will come, relieved to be at an event where no gifts or holiday cheer are expected.

Well, I guess part of that might be that a shit ton of my friends are Jews, but whatever.

Now my annual dinner party has a theme! Yay circles!

wait what

Get me to the Left Coast for one of your parties with Jewfriends! I want to see how long I can fake it before they realize I'm not a real j00.