News:

PD.com: can increase your susceptibility to cancer, dementia, heart disease, diabetes, influenza, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus - even the common cold.

Main Menu

What is this about Cuba running out of toilet paper?

Started by Jenne, August 13, 2009, 12:02:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenne

:lulz:

I know, my fixation with butt humor notwithstanding...wtf?

Pope Pixie Pickle

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Jenne

Yeah, the Reuters article attached to the USA Today article above mapped out the problem.  Toilet paper is just the "funny" the media used to hook the reader in.  It's a cashflow problem, and they are doing the usual paying more for imports and getting less for their exports.  Which again, with the embargo we have on them here in the US, gets pointed right back here.

Which it should be.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on August 13, 2009, 04:22:55 AM
That bums me out. Poor Cubans. :(

:lulz:

The Cubans have an impressive track record of dealing with difficult circumstances.  Following the collapse of the Soviet Union they lost 80% of their oil imports overnight and dealt with it relatively well with things like a comprehensive public transport system and urban gardening projects.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.