News:

Living proof that any damn fool can make things more complex

Main Menu

Mayor of New Orleans

Started by Iason Ouabache, August 14, 2009, 09:08:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iason Ouabache

I give to you the next mayor of New Orleans, Brad FUCKIN' Pitt!

http://www.wwl.com/Brad-Pitt-for-Mayor---He-anwers-the-question/4999634

QuoteSuperstar actor Brad Pitt came back to New Orleans this week. He faced questions about the recent effort to recruit him to run for Mayor.

"I'm running on the gay marriage, no religion, legalization and taxation of marijuana platform," he told the Today show. "I don't have a chance."

Pitt says, seriously, that he is not interested in running. "That's not what I do best." Legally, he couldn't run if he wanted to as the city charter requires mayoral candidtates to have been living in the city for 5 years.

Pitt did say, however, that he wants to spend more time in New Orleans working on his Make It Right NOLA home building effort in the 9th Ward.

"I want to see this through. I also know that this works, and I know that this is the future," Pitt said in the nationally televised interview. "We are the greenest neighborhood in the United States already, and that's only with 15 houses... we will be 150 houses next year."

Pitt says he just wishes he could do more. "It's an extraordinary success, at the same time I'm irritated because there were 4,000 lost in this neighborhood. We're just scratching the surface."

He says the families they have been able to bring back home are enjoying 20 utility bills.

Pitt says he plans more trips to New Orleans. "It means something to me... I get antsy when I can't get down here."

Ok, so maybe not. But that would still be fucking awesome.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘