PD.com: We're not actually discordians

Main Menu

GARAHRAGAGRAHRHAHRRRR!

Started by Telarus, August 15, 2009, 05:42:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Sir Squid Diddimus

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,

Cainad (dec.)

QuoteRep. Benton followed up his remarks in a separate e-mail on August 11 (also
forwarded to NORML) in which he threatened to turn over the names of
citizens who disagreed with his political viewpoints to local law
enforcement.

He wrote: You and your cronies want it (marijuana) legalized so you can get
a hit anytime without having to worry about getting arrested.

Um... :?

Duh?

Pope Pixie Pickle

the war on drugs has been an epic fail. Prohibition creates the violence associated with the black market, decriminalisation would lead to less of these kinds of crime.

the world has learned nothing from the prohibition era. :facepalm:

Requia ☣

I already don't worry about getting arrested.  You know how many people I know who smoke?  2 of then have been picked up by cops, and only because they were dumb enough to do it in public.  I'm far more worried about wrecking my car or losing a job because of it.

Even if you think it really needs to be illegal its a waste of money, we spend how many billions and its actually *more* common here than places its legal.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: Cainad on August 16, 2009, 11:19:51 PM
QuoteRep. Benton followed up his remarks in a separate e-mail on August 11 (also
enforcement.

Duh?
Bullshit! I have never smoked marijuana and probably never will (even if it was legal). I still want it legalized because there is no rational reason for it to be illegal. I've never been a support of NORML but I might do it now just to piss Tommy Benton off.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Telarus

I'd remember the 5th Commandment when dealing with NORML.

Also, google 'Carl Olsen Iowa' and 'Carl Olsen DEA' for some very interesting and currently in front of the court legal arguments.
Telarus, KSC,

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on August 17, 2009, 05:19:49 AM
Quote from: Cainad on August 16, 2009, 11:19:51 PM
enforcement.

Duh?
Bullshit! I have never smoked marijuana and probably never will (even if it was legal). I still want it legalized because there is no rational reason for it to be illegal. I've never been a support of NORML but I might do it now just to piss Tommy Benton off.

Fair enough, but I'm still baffled by how much of a non-insult his statement is.

PopeTom

Awesome.

So Republicans want to save my grandma from death panels, unless of course she's selling marijuana.  In which case she needs to face a different death panel.

Full disclosure: It is currently impossible to save either of my grandmothers from anything except possibly fossilization of their bones.
-PopeTom

I am the result of 13.75 ± 0.13 billion years of random chance. Now that I exist I see no reason to start planning and organizing everything in my life.

Random dumb luck got me here, random dumb luck will get me to where I'm going.

Hail Eris!

BabylonHoruv

hmm, leave out the execution part and I could support this.  Caning people as opposed to putting them in jail sounds good to me.  But then, that may partly have to do with a high pain tolerance and just a hint of masochism in me.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on August 18, 2009, 01:51:12 AM
hmm, leave out the execution part and I could support this.  Caning people as opposed to putting them in jail sounds good to me.  But then, that may partly have to do with a high pain tolerance and just a hint of masochism in me.
Yeah, and more than a little admiration for body Nazis.

How nice.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Telarus

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on August 18, 2009, 01:51:12 AM

You seem woefully ignorant about what a caning (in the countries referenced by the current popular usage) really entails.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caning_in_Singapore

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johor_Bahru_Prison#Caning_punishment
Telarus, KSC,

Bruno

Caning is too cheap. Government mandated punishment should be expensive, and as much of a burden on teh system as possible.
Formerly something else...