News:

Your innocence proves nothing.

Main Menu

The birther strawman.

Started by Requia ☣, August 17, 2009, 05:58:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I don't think fourteen seemed as random a number back then, because it has a lot of mystical/religious connotations the Founding Fathers would probably have found familiar.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/14_%28number%29

And of course, coming from a society whose numbering system was originally base 12 (and heavily influenced by numbers divisible by seven for reasons I have not yet researched), 14 may have naturally seemed like a logical number, whereas our thinking now is very much shifted to base ten and numbers divisible by five seem more natural and logical.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Faust

I have it on good authority that President Obama was born in darkest congo, where he reigned as god king of the cannibalistic monkey tribe Hesa Nigg, whos ferocious rape of white women and nightmarish death camps are feared far and wide
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Oh. There's this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7_%28number%29#Christianity

Doesn't explain shit. Seven is still a cool number though.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: ☂Faust☂ on August 17, 2009, 08:17:36 PM
I have it on good authority that President Obama was born in darkest congo, where he reigned as god king of the cannibalistic monkey tribe Hesa Nigg, whos ferocious rape of white women and nightmarish death camps are feared far and wide

HOTTT!

Kai

IIRC, 14 was also the original number of years a copyright could be retained.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

PopeTom

Quote from: fomenter on August 17, 2009, 07:52:56 PM
14... 1 + 4 = 5   = lo5 they were discordians obviously..

Which explains the 2nd Amendment.  They were setting up future gun control lulz.

lulz
                                                                \
-PopeTom

I am the result of 13.75 ± 0.13 billion years of random chance. Now that I exist I see no reason to start planning and organizing everything in my life.

Random dumb luck got me here, random dumb luck will get me to where I'm going.

Hail Eris!

Requia ☣

14 is also the number of days (not including Sundays) that the pres has to veto a bill... i wonder if I had that backwards, and they picked a president age of 35 because it was 14 over 21, and not the other way around.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Requia ☣ on August 17, 2009, 10:28:02 PM
14 over 21, and not the other way around.

insert Uncle BadTouch joke here

PopeTom

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on August 17, 2009, 11:34:38 PM
Quote from: Requia ☣ on August 17, 2009, 10:28:02 PM
14 over 21, and not the other way around.

insert Uncle BadTouch joke here

Uncle BadTouch, Michael Jackson, and Garry Glitter walk into a Chucky Cheese...
-PopeTom

I am the result of 13.75 ± 0.13 billion years of random chance. Now that I exist I see no reason to start planning and organizing everything in my life.

Random dumb luck got me here, random dumb luck will get me to where I'm going.

Hail Eris!