Main Menu

Discordian Cult I mean Commune

Started by Cramulus, August 19, 2009, 07:09:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno

Formerly something else...

Requia ☣

Quote from: Pixie O'Fubar on August 26, 2009, 04:19:17 PM

Separating living space and public space might prove tricksy...

anyone here with any construction skills? Or will we just have tents indoors?

Also I have mad scrounging and trashpicking skills.

I've done construction at this level, non support structure walls.  Pretty simple, frame, sheetrock, smooth and paint.  The one tricksy part is doing the electrical work and not having a building inspector shut the place down later on.  Something that should be looked at is either home renovation rules (IE, is it possible to do it for yourself without a license) and the possibility of getting people on track for licensed electrical/plumbing/general contracting for a given possible area.

Also what cities have mixed zoning where we could live in a factory without having the city harass us more than usual?
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: Requia ☣ on August 26, 2009, 10:45:56 PM
Quote from: Pixie O'Fubar on August 26, 2009, 04:19:17 PM

Separating living space and public space might prove tricksy...

anyone here with any construction skills? Or will we just have tents indoors?

Also I have mad scrounging and trashpicking skills.

I've done construction at this level, non support structure walls.  Pretty simple, frame, sheetrock, smooth and paint.  The one tricksy part is doing the electrical work and not having a building inspector shut the place down later on.  Something that should be looked at is either home renovation rules (IE, is it possible to do it for yourself without a license) and the possibility of getting people on track for licensed electrical/plumbing/general contracting for a given possible area.

Also what cities have mixed zoning where we could live in a factory without having the city harass us more than usual?

yes these regs would be something that local authorities if they took a dislike would use against such a plan.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 26, 2009, 10:32:13 PM
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on August 26, 2009, 09:38:16 PM
We could build out of cob.  It's a mixture of clay, hay, water, and sand that can be packed together and dries adobe-like.  I've seen a very sturdy structure built from it at an ecovillage.

And permaclture for the motherfucking win.

:crankey:

WTF is this shit?  Will we have to eat lentils, too?

God I hope not. They're so tasteless.

I vote for Northeastern Native American-style agriculture: corn, beans, squash. Then we can have baked beans, corn on the cob (and other delicious corn-based things), and throw the squash away unless someone knows a few really good squash recipes.

And no goddamn zucchini! :argh!:

Requia ☣

I vote for growing whatever is easiest in the climate and can be turned into alcohol, then selling the booze for grocery money.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Requia ☣ on August 26, 2009, 11:25:34 PM
I vote for growing whatever is easiest in the climate and can be turned into alcohol, then selling the booze for grocery money.

TITCM.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

I wonder if anyone would actually buy squash booze...

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Jenne

Cainad (dec.)

The question is whether or not they'd buy it a second time.

Also, I say scrap all previous ideas and convert the whole planet to Discordianism to make it one giant Discordian commune.

Requia ☣

Hell no, I like this religion the way it is  The other monkeys would ruin it.   :argh!:

Cainad (dec.)

No no no, I forgot to mention the second part of the plan:

once Discordianism takes over as the major world religion we all secretly relocate to a different label and become the rebellion against the obnoxious theocracy we created

it'll be fun!

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Cainad on August 27, 2009, 01:25:13 AM
No no no, I forgot to mention the second part of the plan:

once Discordianism takes over as the major world religion we all secretly relocate to a different label and become the rebellion against the obnoxious theocracy we created

it'll be fun!

We can call it the No-Discordian Club.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Cainad (dec.)

Some people say making Discordianism go mainstream would be a bad thing. I disagree. We could become wealthy and, when we tire of the joke, tear it all down from the inside out. Win-win-mittens-win situation as far as I'm concerned.

Requia ☣

That plan will backfire, and not being a really will Discordian will be punishable by death.  I know it.