News:

So essentially, the enemy of my enemy is not my friend, he's just another moronic, entitled turd in the bucket.

Main Menu

Discordian Cult I mean Commune

Started by Cramulus, August 19, 2009, 07:09:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cainad (dec.)

Okay okay okay

how about a network of miniature cultmmunes

there'll be a few scattered around the country, maybe even a few in Canada

each one will be disguised as a plain vanilla white people-filled suburban cul-de-sac in a relatively out-of-the-way locale. The really weird shit will be hidden behind trees or underground

this way, there's a place to go to and stay even if IRL flamefests make it undesirable to continue living in one particular cultmmune.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Cramulus on August 20, 2009, 01:02:25 PM
-as a group sharing a physical location, we could pull off some really cool stuff. Like throwing parties, or mass pranks, or whatever.

I think as an actual commune-ity we will either bash eachother's heads in, or turn into an ingrown-toenail type of smelly angry pissy sour grumpy wrinkly discordi hippie hipsters that also bash eachother's heads in.

Who are we gonna throw parties for? Ourselves? Won't that get old?

Somehow I see the throwing parties and mass pranks working much better if we would be a semi-co-localized group still living in society of people that are not on eachother's lip IRL every day and have a life outside of the community.

I mean, a weekly or bi-weekly meeting, like a club, with people living slightly closer together, exchanging posters and ideas, sharing stories about postering, handing out business cards and pranks, occasionally throwing the party or pulling off a larger mindfuck would seem much more productive.

Quote-I'm fucking sick of society! I'm starting to think that I'd rather live on a farm, working for people that I like, than in a city, working for business jerks.

I bet you'd hate this much, much more. And it would make you real sick, really quick.

Also, I happen to like society :) Maybe you could, um, see your current exploits and ideas for making money all sort of revolve around online business right? Selling books shirts and funny ideas. You can do that from anywhere where you got an internet connection. So go somewhere cheaper to live, simple! Except .. Chloe probably has some business in the city, no? See that's why I dont call it BIP, or Shrapnel or Network, but Tangled-up Mess.

There's this word in Dutch "ploeteren", which means something like "to drag on", "to toil" or "to barely come by" or "to just manage to keep your head above the water" and stuff like that. I have a book, I haven't actually read it but the title is "ontploeteren", which is the undoing of that verb. Like unraveling the Tangled Up Mess. "to untoil" doesnt really have the same ring.

That's what you need to do though. Untangle that shit. You can't really take a step to solve the one, because the other thing prevents you to, which you cannot solve because that other thing cannot something with the thing thing, you dig? I (still) dont know enough about your situation to tell you what to do though, but the trick is to snap the proper chewing gum strings with surgical precision for maximum effect while strengthening others and make sacrifices, but only the right ones that will get you to your goal. Which you need to pinpoint. And keep in mind. And make sure that goal is so rock-solid and uncompromising that the world shapes around it. Or something. This is extremely vague, apologies, hit me on AIM if you wanna talk about it, I don't mind listening.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cramulus

this isn't the cram's stupid life thread
I just want to start a cult  :argh!:

if you like society so much, go live there
me, I'm done with it

if I start to hate you jerks, I'll just lock the door on my cabana
and my monkey butler will mix me gin* and tonic** after gin* and tonic**

*read: moonshine
*read: moar moonshine

Sir Squid Diddimus

I think we should all move to Nigel's house.
She has a nectarine tree AND chickens!!

Richter

How do we minimize the potential for it to turn into "Animal Farm"?  If no one has yet written a book on communal living sucess, it could be a valuable group project of this endeavor.

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Darth Cupcake

Quote from: Squid on August 20, 2009, 04:37:24 PM

I have a traffic cone I can bring!
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

Pariah

I have a feeling this is going to end like Waco
Play safe! Ski only in a clockwise direction! Let's all have fun together!

Cain

If I have any say in it, yes.

Waco AND Jim Jones' compound.  Lets not do ourselves a disservice here, its well within our means to do both.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Darth Cupcake on August 20, 2009, 05:04:48 PM
Quote from: Squid on August 20, 2009, 04:37:24 PM

I have a traffic cone I can bring!

Yes!

So, Cram brings up a good point, which is that Discordia is comprised of cult leaders, not cult followers. However, I suspect that given enough space and independence, we would all get along a lot better than might be suspected. I think everyone should move to Oregon and we can buy an old convent, and run it as the first ever Discordian monastery/retreat/art center. We can make money by using the grounds for weddings and events, growing wine grapes, teaching classes, and charging minimal rent to occupants, which need not be us. Some of us could live there if we wanted to, and best of all, it would be a tax shelter.

I bet I could find one for less than $800k. Split sixteen ways, that's only $50k each, and I know two people off the top of my head who would be into this.

What do you say?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Cram, I bet we could get licensed as a distillery.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Sir Squid Diddimus

Richter

SRSLY.

Even if I could relocate and greyface job, I'd be psyched if that was the living setup I got to go home to.

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

The Good Reverend Roger

I would be totally easy to live with.

None of you would ever get sick of me. 
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

Quote from: Richter on August 20, 2009, 07:55:29 PM
SRSLY.

Even if I could relocate and greyface job, I'd be psyched if that was the living setup I got to go home to.

¿SYNTAX?

Darth Cupcake

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 20, 2009, 07:57:44 PM
I would be totally easy to live with.

None of you would ever get sick of me. 

Until you laced our food with ipecac to make sure we got sick :sad:
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.