News:

TESTEMONAIL:  Right and Discordianism allows room for personal interpretation. You have your theories and I have mine. Unlike Christianity, Discordia allows room for ideas and opinions, and mine is well-informed and based on ancient philosophy and theology, so, my neo-Discordian friends, open your minds to my interpretation and I will open my mind to yours. That's fair enough, right? Just claiming to be discordian should mean that your mind is open and willing to learn and share ideas. You guys are fucking bashing me and your laughing at my theologies and my friends know what's up and are laughing at you and honestly this is my last shot at putting a label on my belief structure and your making me lose all hope of ever finding a ideological group I can relate to because you don't even know what the fuck I'm talking about and everything I have said is based on the founding principals of real Discordianism. Expand your mind.

Main Menu

Discordian Cult I mean Commune

Started by Cramulus, August 19, 2009, 07:09:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Cupcake

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 20, 2009, 08:10:41 PM
Quote from: Darth Cupcake on August 20, 2009, 08:04:12 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 20, 2009, 07:57:44 PM
I would be totally easy to live with.

None of you would ever get sick of me. 

Until you laced our food with ipecac to make sure we got sick :sad:

How did you know about that?   :lulz:  I haven't talked about that in years.

I've drank enough coffee today to become prophetic.

Interestingly enough, soon it will reach levels of "I've drank enough coffee today to not need ipecac."

Quote from: LMNO on August 20, 2009, 08:32:14 PM
Quote from: Nasturtiums on August 20, 2009, 08:30:47 PM
Quote from: LMNO on August 20, 2009, 08:29:28 PM
Looks like we'll need those 5 gallon buckets of astroglide after all.

Bah, the best lube is good ol' fashioned elbow grease.

Do you know how difficult it is to milk an elbow?

Just get it drunk. It'll put out.

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on August 20, 2009, 08:30:35 PM
Too many leaders?  Consensus decision making.  Nothing gets done until everyone agrees it gets done.  That ought to keep things running smoothly.

The only thing we'll ever agree on is fapping.

And again, we return to the 5 gallon bucket of astroglide.
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

Verbal Mike

Too many leaders?  Consensus decision making.  Nothing gets done until everyone agrees it gets done.  That ought to keep things running smoothly.
Yeah, because NOBODY here is the kind of person who will flip the fuck out when they don't get their way. Even less when the vast majority doesn't get its way because of some jackass. Right.

I would totally spend a couple years in this place if it works btw. I don't really have practical skills, but I can maintain at least my own computer (others here are way ahead of me on networks administration) and given an Internet connection I can make money translating...

Actually, the one practical skill I could really contribute is running (chairing, moderating, Roberts' Rules style) democratic meetings, if we do those to avoid conflict. I have experience at it and I'm told I'm pretty good at it. Also other bureaucratic shit really, but I can kinda see how that kind of stuff won't really work for many of us.
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

Pariah

Quote from: LMNO on August 20, 2009, 08:15:26 PM
BUT WHAT ABOUT THE FLOURIDE AND THE PRECIOUS BODILY ESSENCES!?
Ice cream. LMNO! Children's Ice Cream!
Play safe! Ski only in a clockwise direction! Let's all have fun together!

Captain Utopia

I say we subvert an existing commune with all our wit and charm and natural abilities of persuasion, e.g. Alpha Farm looks nice, and there's a list of some more here:

http://nica.ic.org/iclist/

It would be a lot cheaper, and it also solves the problem of too many cult-leaders, and not enough cultists.

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

i would never actually join a commune with you spags btw  :lol:

Epimetheus

Too many leaders?  Consensus decision making.  Nothing gets done until everyone agrees it gets done.  That ought to keep things running smoothly.

I know you meant this humorously, but I have to strongly urge against democratic voting in the commune, except for minor disputes and petty squabbles. Allowing majority rule would turn a Discordian Autonomous Zone into a U.S. microcosm.
POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

The Good Reverend Roger

I am on my 4th pot of coffee, so that's enough whining from the rest of you.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

BADGE OF HONOR

Quote from: ✡ Rabbi ✡ Fred ✡ on August 20, 2009, 10:05:20 PM

I would as long as I didn't have to share a bathroom.
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: ✡ Rabbi ✡ Fred ✡ on August 20, 2009, 10:05:20 PM

That's good.  If you and I had to share a house, the sheer concentration of sechsay would level the neighborhood.

Plus, you'd kill my ass in less than a day.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Requia ☣

I'd totally join.  I dunno about the dropping out of society thing, but I'm gonna have to pay rent/morgatge no matter where I go, so pitching in financially isn't that annoying.

Oh yeah, added to my skills, I used to do laundry professionally for a hotel.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Pope Pixie Pickle

I can make jewellery (sterling silver and gemstone stuff) chop vast amounts of veg without whinging. also have experience of cooking for loads of people (up to 30) and have helped build a round house.. Also dont mind helping in gardens and doing other useful shit.

Bruno

Quote from: fictionpuss on August 20, 2009, 10:01:59 PM
I say we subvert an existing commune with all our wit and charm and natural abilities of persuasion, e.g. Alpha Farm looks nice, and there's a list of some more here:

It would be a lot cheaper, and it also solves the problem of too many cult-leaders, and not enough cultists.

Fuck yeah, we could take over Zendik farm in an afternoon.

Formerly something else...

Chairman Risus

Quote from: Jerry_Frankster on August 21, 2009, 12:33:42 AM

I can only picture this as a real life mass boarding of another forum.
And you know how well that normally ends.

Cramulus

Requia ☣

Quote from: Risus on August 21, 2009, 03:14:25 AM
Quote from: Jerry_Frankster on August 21, 2009, 12:33:42 AM

I can only picture this as a real life mass boarding of another forum.
And you know how well that normally ends.

Even better.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.