News:

Don't get me wrong, I greatly appreciate the fact that you're at least putting effort into sincerely arguing your points. It's an argument I've enjoyed having. It's just that your points are wrong and your reasons for thinking they're right are stupid.

Main Menu

Discordian Cult I mean Commune

Started by Cramulus, August 19, 2009, 07:09:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BADGE OF HONOR

Surely a discordian cult would be an excellent environment to raise your children!
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Pariah

Bread baking
Plus I'm young so I can panhandle and get sympathy.
Play safe! Ski only in a clockwise direction! Let's all have fun together!

Eater of Clowns

If we all lived in a commune, wouldn't that make us communists?
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Requia ☣

Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Richter

We can look pink and still take their green.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

the last yatto

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Sir Squid Diddimus

I'm useful for lots of stuffs.

no really.

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Cainad on August 19, 2009, 07:15:06 PM
We all teach each other everything we know about the following:

Plumbing
Electricity
Carpentry
Landscaping
Masonry

We can hire ourselves out as a team of handyspags as well as being able to do all of this work for ourselves, thus saving the commune money.

Don;t forget gardening, very useful on communes.

I think I was there for that conversation.  I actually grew up on a commune and it has a lot to reccomend it.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Iason Ouabache

Kai's got the biology, I've got the chemistry. I can do reactions, distillations, extractions, etc. I also know quite a bit about water treatment and various other forms of plumbing (chemical engineering = plumbing with style!!!) And I can drive a fork lift, which almost never comes in handy.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Payne

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on August 20, 2009, 09:29:13 AM
Kai's got the biology, I've got the chemistry. I can do reactions, distillations, extractions, etc. I also know quite a bit about water treatment and various other forms of plumbing (chemical engineering = plumbing with style!!!) And I can drive a fork lift, which almost never comes in handy.

And we of course have plenty of physicists, so we can build a super collider.

Cain

Quote from: Requia ☣ on August 19, 2009, 11:31:20 PM
Quote from: Cain on August 19, 2009, 10:39:37 PM
I propose the reckless use of firearms, plentiful small children and mocking signs about the ATF.

Die in a fire.   :lulz:

We should also buy lots of cyanide, for no apparent reason.

Triple Zero

I can do planning, scheming and delegating. Also, teaching. And brewing booze. And I can manage our online mass mailing donation scam something.

However, beyond that, I kind of wonder what is the point of being Discordian if you bubble yourself off from society and go live in a commune?

First, we are *bound* to get in much worse flamefests and shit than on this forum, the community will explode or split within a month. For that is the blessing and the curse of Our Lady of Strife.

Plus, it's much better and useful to battle grayface and Machine from within its own ranks like a cancer than as an outside entity like a single mosquito.

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrowâ„¢
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Faust

I can administer fear if you serfs build me a tower
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Lies

- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!

Cramulus

Quote from: Triple Zero on August 20, 2009, 11:55:53 AM
I can do planning, scheming and delegating. Also, teaching. And brewing booze. And I can manage our online mass mailing donation scam something.

However, beyond that, I kind of wonder what is the point of being Discordian if you bubble yourself off from society and go live in a commune?

First, we are *bound* to get in much worse flamefests and shit than on this forum, the community will explode or split within a month. For that is the blessing and the curse of Our Lady of Strife.

Plus, it's much better and useful to battle grayface and Machine from within its own ranks like a cancer than as an outside entity like a single mosquito.

The point (to me) is threefold:

-as a group sharing a physical location, we could pull off some really cool stuff. Like throwing parties, or mass pranks, or whatever.
-I'm fucking sick of society! I'm starting to think that I'd rather live on a farm, working for people that I like, than in a city, working for business jerks.
-When Daruko shows up, and we hmmm.... murder him.... it's better (legally) if we all share the responsibility

IRL we'll probably all hate each other

also, this is a problem for any starting cult:
too many cult leaders, not enough cultists