News:

I hope she gets diverticulitis and all her poop kills her.

Main Menu

Discordian Cult I mean Commune

Started by Cramulus, August 19, 2009, 07:09:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Payne

Quote from: VERBtr on August 26, 2009, 10:22:43 AM
That is actually a good plan. Buy a shitload of guns and move to Detroit. As the city progressively collapses we can grow and eventually rename the city to something silly that suits our fancy.

:fap:

Retroit.

Cain

Payne

The City.

Or we could rename all the streets either "14th" or "Minna".

Cain

(Oh Wont You Take Me To) Funkytown!

That is the full name, of course.

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: Cain on August 26, 2009, 11:00:31 AM
(Oh Wont You Take Me To) Funkytown!

That is the full name, of course.

would our city limits say "Welcome, please enjoy (Oh Wont You Take Me To) Funkytown!, Don't forget to bring a towel."

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Quote from: Richter on August 25, 2009, 04:04:29 PM
I seriously expected Obama to say that throughout the campaign.

Also:  Have we considered old factory space for this commune thing?  It'd be a toss up as far as start up cost whether it would be more / less than some old country joint, and being in a city / industrial area would mess with self - sufficiency.  "Artist's collectives" get us all kinds of slack and subsidized rent from cities that want to artifically inflate their culture penis.  (Usually in one of the not - so good areas of town.)  From there we just need to show product, put on stuff, and paint everything with shitty murals.  Bitching about low carbon footprint, greenhouse, and doing as much as possible out of "Make" or "Instructables" couldn't hurt either.

Does this mean that we'd get tax cuts/subsidies for postergasm?

Do you think they'd let us put up memebombs on one of the big scrolly screens?

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: Enki v. 2.0 on August 26, 2009, 03:01:10 PM
Quote from: Richter on August 25, 2009, 04:04:29 PM
I seriously expected Obama to say that throughout the campaign.

Also:  Have we considered old factory space for this commune thing?  It'd be a toss up as far as start up cost whether it would be more / less than some old country joint, and being in a city / industrial area would mess with self - sufficiency.  "Artist's collectives" get us all kinds of slack and subsidized rent from cities that want to artifically inflate their culture penis.  (Usually in one of the not - so good areas of town.)  From there we just need to show product, put on stuff, and paint everything with shitty murals.  Bitching about low carbon footprint, greenhouse, and doing as much as possible out of "Make" or "Instructables" couldn't hurt either.

Does this mean that we'd get tax cuts/subsidies for postergasm?

Do you think they'd let us put up memebombs on one of the big scrolly screens?

actually if its a big enough space with some outdoors, we could be partially self sufficient as growing food in urban areas is acheiveable, just takes a bit more planning. there are ways to take a 12ft square and make it produce food all year round pretty much., get enough space for about 10 of those, or planters and stuff, well its feasable to be able to grow some food.

And some of us would really benefit from the studio space, however in urban areas with all this cool stuff going on we would need plenty of security.

LMNO

I need electricity, and plenty of it, if "DISCORDIAN SOUND LABS" is going to be able to function.

Pope Pixie Pickle

Silversmithing space would be groovy, also, but im pretty sure I could share a space with Nigel and her glass bead making.

Darth Cupcake

I like the concept of an urban warehouse/factory type space. "Artist communes" or whatever can generally get tax sheltering and all kinds of neat things.

Food would be an issue--we could do a combination of food and any number of part-time employment set-ups to help fund things. For example, I could work part time at a grocery store, so as to bring in some money, but then also be the designated grocery purchaser so that my discount would make things that we couldn't produce on our own more affordable (milk, flour, etc). Someone else might work at Home Depot or some such. By working something like 20 hours per week, we can get some income, a discount to take advantage of, and, depending on the place, health benefits (I like health care).

Then again, I just happen to like urban living.
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: Darth Cupcake on August 26, 2009, 03:50:23 PM
I like the concept of an urban warehouse/factory type space. "Artist communes" or whatever can generally get tax sheltering and all kinds of neat things.

Food would be an issue--we could do a combination of food and any number of part-time employment set-ups to help fund things. For example, I could work part time at a grocery store, so as to bring in some money, but then also be the designated grocery purchaser so that my discount would make things that we couldn't produce on our own more affordable (milk, flour, etc). Someone else might work at Home Depot or some such. By working something like 20 hours per week, we can get some income, a discount to take advantage of, and, depending on the place, health benefits (I like health care).

income could be had from running parties and events also, as well as craft workshops.

Cain

Aside from writing, political analysis, basic housekeeping, basic cooking, sleeping, hitting people, setting up/bypassing physical security systems, lying, cheating, stealing and general paranoia I have no useful skills.

Richter

Urban would have the advantages of easier access to stuff, services, etc., which could make up for the loss of a open land / wooded buffer zone between the Discordian folks and anyone else who may care.  (Which an old factory building could provide too.)
The extra work is also the correct idea, it would help keep income and health care around, beyond the employee discount idea.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Cainad (dec.)

Setting up inside unused warehouses and factories also opens the possibility of repeating the same pattern in many major cities where manufacturing jobs have been shipped overseas (read: a lot of them).

Essentially, Discordians could take over the Rust Belt regions of multiple states.

Also, following up on the Detroit idea specifically because Iason was kidding: http://www.loopnet.com/property/14726566/4423-Humbolt/

45,745 square feet for $150,000 :lulz:  What's wrong with it, you ask? "Needs lots of work including electrical, plumbing, and roof work." I'll bet!

Darth Cupcake

Quote from: Pixie O'Fubar on August 26, 2009, 03:53:25 PM
Quote from: Darth Cupcake on August 26, 2009, 03:50:23 PM

income could be had from running parties and events also, as well as craft workshops.

Oh yes! That could be fun.

OMG. Could you imagine having a giant hall type thing, like a big central room, where people could basically host events? Like wedding receptions, or big corporate meetings or whatever. We'd provide food (everything is better with cupcakes and boozecookies), the decor would be whatever weird shit we're churning out at the time... We could totally market it as some sort of hippy dippy thing.

Okay, there has GOT to be a struggling urban area with old mills/warehouses/factories/whatever that we could obtain that would be interested in "a vibrant up-and-coming artist collective"...

I mean, other than Lowell. There's got to be one that doesn't suck.
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.