News:

Discordianism:  It is some kind of a communist sect.

Main Menu

Discordian Cult I mean Commune

Started by Cramulus, August 19, 2009, 07:09:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StoneCrowUK

this is getting serious, but good ! its a brilliant idea.

( my suggestion for making money would be to create small plastic accessory products (for fishing ect.) because with the equipment these things can be made for pennies and then sold for a relatively large profit. ) i know this is boring but it could provide a backbone.

Quote from: Cainad on August 26, 2009, 04:03:48 PM
Also, following up on the Detroit idea specifically because Iason was kidding: http://www.loopnet.com/property/14726566/4423-Humbolt/

it says # Lot Size:21,852 SF now what does that mean , is that the carpark??
Initialising...
Disabling logic...
Enabling Lurk-Mode

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: StoneCrowUK on August 26, 2009, 04:12:05 PM
Quote from: Cainad on August 26, 2009, 04:03:48 PM

Also, following up on the Detroit idea specifically because Iason was kidding: http://www.loopnet.com/property/14726566/4423-Humbolt/

it says # Lot Size:21,852 SF now what does that mean , is that the carpark??

That would presumably include the carpark, yes. That's the area of land upon which the property is built.

Pope Pixie Pickle

Seperating living space and public space might prove tricksy...

anyone here with any construction skills? Or will we just have tents indoors?

Also I have mad scrounging and trashpicking skills.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Pixie O'Fubar on August 26, 2009, 04:19:17 PM
Seperating living space and public space might prove tricksy...

anyone here with any construction skills? Or will we just have tents indoors?

Richter has some skillz, and I've been an assistant to a fair few carpentry/building projects. Also, duct tape, tarps, plywood, and nails ftw.

Pope Pixie Pickle

I'm generally inclined to be helpful with such projects, and do research on urban food growing, and having done 3 weeks on a Permaculture site I have helped build this and have lots of friends who know loads more on this sort of thing.

the edible roof garden is cool also.

LMNO

I am now suspicious that you're all actually a bunch of smelly hippies.

Darth Cupcake

I just like to play with power tools.

I'm not saying I've got skills with 'em, but I like to collect them and then see what otherwise innocent tasks I can perform with them.
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Darth Cupcake on August 26, 2009, 04:33:21 PM

I'm not saying I've got skills with 'em, but I like to collect them and then see what otherwise innocent tasks I can perform with them.

Where have you been all my life?  :fap:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Captain Utopia

Quote from: LMNO on August 26, 2009, 04:31:39 PM
Worse - we're not, but we want to be.

Darth Cupcake

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 26, 2009, 04:35:43 PM

Very busy seeing if limbs can be severed using the sanding attachment on a Dremel.

PRO-TIP: Yes, they can, but you have to keep changing the head because it wears down pretty quickly.
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Darth Cupcake on August 26, 2009, 04:40:11 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 26, 2009, 04:35:43 PM

Very busy seeing if limbs can be severed using the sanding attachment on a Dremel.

PRO-TIP: Yes, they can, but you have to keep changing the head because it wears down pretty quickly.

PROTIP:  Use a router.  You can scallop the edges of the stump.

It's very decorative, and looks nice at the holidays.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Richter

Cainad and myself have both been on hand for a fair bit of contracting / contructions work, so we could suss most of it out.  

The mental image I'm getting from this, (mashed up with my own prexisting ideas) would basically be part of the building paritioned off into rooms with sheetrock, plywood, and insulation for living / cooking / bathrooms.  This would be the only part we both to run liveable heat, electricity, or plumbing to, which would keep costs down.  Even if the roof of the place leaks to all hell, we could still roof, gutter, and waterproof inside as needed.  

If we found a place with a corrugated metal roof, we can patch and replace sections as needed to get it solid.  While we could ALMOST do the same with a gravel + asphalt roof, at some point they shit the bed and you need to rip out the whole works.  (It's a BITCH, and expensive.)

The rest of the space could be converted and equipped as needed for whatever crafts, performance areas, or storage we need, as needed.  (Stage, studios, forge, etc.)

If we're in Detroit, having Cain for extra paranoia and cross training us in human dissasembly would be a good idea.  
Scroungers would def. be key too.  The re - used / re - purposed / re - cycled vibe would be to our advantage.  (Even if we're secretly eating McDonalds and deep frying whoel pigs in the back.)
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

The Good Reverend Roger

Not moving to Michigan.  They're not gun-friendly enough.

Pope Pixie Pickle

I washed daily and wore deodorant when living in hippy central, thank you! :argh!:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pixie O'Fubar on August 26, 2009, 04:48:39 PM

I washed daily and wore deodorant when living in hippy central, thank you! :argh!:

Doin' it wrong.