News:

Testamonial:  And i have actually gone to a bar and had a bouncer try to start a fight with me on the way in. I broke his teeth out of his fucking mouth and put his face through a passenger side window of a car.

Guess thats what the Internet was build for, pussy motherfuckers taking shit in safety...

Main Menu

Discordian Cult I mean Commune

Started by Cramulus, August 19, 2009, 07:09:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on August 31, 2009, 04:53:04 AM
you'll need connections to the "unofficial economy".

Watching me attempt to deal with the unofficial economy in America would be hilarious. 

By which I mean "likely fatal".

Strolling through Detroit with my quasi-upper class British accent is just a recipe for disaster waiting to happen.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Quote from: fictionpuss on August 31, 2009, 03:30:00 PM
Quote from: East Coast Hustle on August 31, 2009, 04:53:04 AM
or, put another way, a grand each from 20 of us.
Which would be harder? 20x $1,000 or 20,000x $1 ?

Cause I'm now thinking Commune Timeshare. Advertise the Real DiscordianTM experience (you know: free love, cheech and chong movie marathons, elvis look-a-like competitions, rant workshops, etc). How hard is it to out-sex Scientology? I'm sure you could get more people interested in securing their place than who would actually show up.

For example, if in any year, you assume 10% turnout for any 5-day slot, that's only about 25-30 guests at a time. If you up the investment to $5, then you're down to a more manageable 5-6 guests. Plus on top of that you have a yearly "maintenance fee", charge "guest fees" for bringing along recruits friends, invest all that into new infrastructure and it's the perfect scam business plan.

So, we'd be catering to tourists? As lucrative as that may be, I can't see us being as successful as the hawaiians or amish, and probably will have equally irritating 'guests'.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Captain Utopia

Quote from: Enki v. 2.0 on August 31, 2009, 03:36:01 PM
So, we'd be catering to tourists? As lucrative as that may be, I can't see us being as successful as the hawaiians or amish, and probably will have equally irritating 'guests'.
Each of the satellite communes could pretend to be the Real Discordian Commune, but the real discordian commune would be the one which had priority access to the 'evaluation questionnaire' results, photos, and thus no irritating unwanted 'guests'. Just like any cult - people could schmooze their way to the top if they're 'interesting' enough.

Bottom line is - we need cultists to balance out the cult-leaders, but the best cultists are those who can go back to their boring 9-5 after their annual pilgrimage and spread the word in the real world.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I've been considering buying some property in Detroit just to have it, actually... and urban farming is my specialty! Except for the fact that I refuse to move from Portland, that would be a great idea.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

For that matter, we could make it an artists retreat, and charge something like $600 for two weeks of workshops and instruction.

I command $350 a head for a two-day class, so $600 for two weeks, including room and board, is a bargain. I'm sure we have some other artists in our midst who would be able to teach workshops in their mediums.

If I could get Space Cowboy on board, he could teach ceramics.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Richter

Then we shamelessly mess with, inconveniece, or firehose them in the name of giving them a more "Authentic" Discordian experience.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Cain

Quote from: Richter on August 31, 2009, 05:14:07 PM

Then we shamelessly mess with, inconveniece, or firehose them in the name of giving them a more "Authentic" Discordian experience.

It has the authentic Discordian experience or and it gets the hose again.

Cramulus

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on August 31, 2009, 04:41:33 PM
I've been considering buying some property in Detroit just to have it, actually... and urban farming is my specialty! Except for the fact that I refuse to move from Portland, that would be a great idea.

don't move to detroit!

you'll just start raping people

srsly though, don't move to detroit

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Gramulus on August 31, 2009, 07:01:20 PM
Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on August 31, 2009, 04:41:33 PM

don't move to detroit!

you'll just start raping people

srsly though, don't move to detroit

I was just going to buy a bunch of properties and watch them decay. I mean, shit, have you checked out property values in Detroit? It's practically free.

Richter

Yeah, but there's still the in - Detroit - ness to deal with. 
Granted, playing clubhouse with enough of you glorious wackos WOULD place us in a fantastic quantum state of in detroit yet not, but walk out the door, and it would collapse back to Detroit

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Richter on August 31, 2009, 07:28:02 PM
Granted, playing clubhouse with enough of you glorious wackos WOULD place us in a fantastic quantum state of in detroit yet not, but walk out the door, and it would collapse back to Detroit

Close.

Detroit collapses YOU.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Darth Cupcake

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 31, 2009, 07:30:37 PM

Close.

Detroit prolapses YOU.

Srsly.
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Darth Cupcake on August 31, 2009, 07:31:37 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 31, 2009, 07:30:37 PM

Close.

Detroit prolapses YOU.

Srsly.

That, too.  I blame Windsor.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

hooplala

We all blame Windsor.

Except for Windsor itself, which blames Chatham.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Hoopla on August 31, 2009, 07:39:34 PM
We all blame Windsor.

Except for Windsor itself, which blames Chatham.

Don't get me started on THOSE bastards.