News:

There's a sucker born every minute... and you are right on time.

Main Menu

heavy metal ban

Started by Dalek, August 21, 2009, 02:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

Quote from: Bürger on August 22, 2009, 02:56:04 PMMakes me angry.
What's the point of Bulgaria being in the European Union if the b. government can randomly outlaw music/clothing styles? The EU should come and kick them in the nuts. But i think, once more, they don't care for such things.

Yeah what the fuck are they thinking, those Bulgarians, being in the EU and doing all sorts of repressive shit, they should take an example to the UK and Italy, it's all freedom and peaches there.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Suu

Quote from: DALEKK on August 21, 2009, 02:28:17 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0SpBrle3s4  Thats a video of chalga music

If it wasn't for the fact that the damage done by slutty American pop stars to your culture is pretty blatant, and you told me what the lyrics are, I'd think the song was pretty catchy, because I like the folk tone to it.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: ke7inn on August 24, 2009, 01:09:56 PM
Haha, it funny, they clearly don't get teenagers over there. What was a fad which most of them would of got out of after a few years will now be ingrained in them purely out of resentment. Next thing we'll hear how daddy Bulgaria has put a curfew on ye all and no video games before homework, then mommy Bulgaria is going to go to a shopping mall to pick up some "nice clothes" so you can meet a "nice" girl...etc
Parents just don't understand.

:fresh:
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

AFK

Heavy Metal Ban.  Isn't that like antiperspirant with extra aluminum? 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

-Kel-

That blows, glad I didn't have to deal with that crap when I was in highschool, the only thing they banned at my highschool was the usual of "guns, drugs, gang colors, and kissing in the hallways (fucking utah)

Corvidia

What skeleton said, plus no piercings other than earrings on a girl, no long hair (unless you were Sheik or Native American), and if you were Hmong, being in groups of larger than ten.

Also, that really sucks. Horray censorship! You're not even allowed to talk about it? Yeesh.
One for sorrow,
Two for joy,
Three for a girl,
Four for a boy,
Five for silver,
Six for gold,
Seven for a secret never to be told.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: skeleton on August 26, 2009, 07:14:47 PM
That blows, glad I didn't have to deal with that crap when I was in highschool, the only thing they banned at my highschool was the usual of "guns, drugs, gang colors, and kissing in the hallways (fucking utah)

I think they banned guns and drugs.  Not sure anyone paid attention.  You were allowed to smoke outdoors at lunchtime, if you were an upperclassman.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

Quote from: The Nerve-Ending Fairy on August 26, 2009, 08:05:13 PM
What skeleton said, plus no piercings other than earrings on a girl, no long hair (unless you were Sheik or Native American), and if you were Hmong, being in groups of larger than ten.

Also, that really sucks. Horray censorship! You're not even allowed to talk about it? Yeesh.

wait wut?
no more then ten hmong people allowed together?
where do YOU live?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: ✡ Rabbi ✡ Fred ✡ on August 26, 2009, 08:13:47 PM

wait wut?
where do YOU live?

In the United States, I'm betting.  Land of the free, home of the brave.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Corvidia

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 26, 2009, 08:15:47 PM

wait wut?
where do YOU live?

Yes, the US. The heartland of sunny California specifically.

Right around the time they actually were doing that (it was never official, of course), there were problems with the Laotian Bloods on the other side of the city. And apparently Laotians are the same as the Hmong. :? Anyway, there would be twelve of them standing around and this one guy would race up to them in his little golf cart and break them up. I suspect parents complained towards the end of that school year, because it stopped in 2005.
One for sorrow,
Two for joy,
Three for a girl,
Four for a boy,
Five for silver,
Six for gold,
Seven for a secret never to be told.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Nerve-Ending Fairy on August 26, 2009, 11:09:20 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 26, 2009, 08:15:47 PM

wait wut?
where do YOU live?

Yes, the US. The heartland of sunny California specifically.

Right around the time they actually were doing that (it was never official, of course), there were problems with the Laotian Bloods on the other side of the city. And apparently Laotians are the same as the Hmong. :? Anyway, there would be twelve of them standing around and this one guy would race up to them in his little golf cart and break them up. I suspect parents complained towards the end of that school year, because it stopped in 2005.

Treat people like criminals, and they'll either turn into criminals or curs.

Jenne

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 26, 2009, 11:33:01 PM

Treat people like criminals, and they'll either turn into criminals or curs.

Good gawd, Rog.  That is TWO I need to quote you for today!

:mittens:  That's a tr00fy-ism of epic proportions.

-Kel-

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 26, 2009, 08:08:26 PM
Quote from: skeleton on August 26, 2009, 07:14:47 PM

I think they banned guns and drugs.  Not sure anyone paid attention.  You were allowed to smoke outdoors at lunchtime, if you were an upperclassman.

my school was surrounded by a park, so students went there to smoke.

Requia ☣

We had the same, but the park was also full of drugs and wannabe hippies who were afraid to do drugs.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

-Kel-

Quote from: Requia ☣ on August 27, 2009, 03:23:52 AM
We had the same, but the park was also full of drugs and wannabe hippies who were afraid to do drugs.

proof that almost all high school life is exactly the same.