News:

Also, i dont think discordia attracts any more sociopaths than say, atheism or satanism.

Main Menu

Daily Tip!

Started by Sir Squid Diddimus, August 22, 2009, 09:22:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Squid Diddimus

Did you discover something you should or shouldn't do today?
Post it here.

TODAY'S TIP:
Do not eat a half a sub left in your desk longer than 12 hours. It does horrible horrible things to your intestines. Trust me, or don't and find out for yourself.

Nast

Food borne illness: D/N/T
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

The Johnny

i wonder if many foreigners, when they come to mexico, get stomach-sick

theres so many things wrong with our water, that i dont know if my stomach grew tougher, or im gonna die 10 years early
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Nast

Quote from: L.D.D. Szarowka on August 22, 2009, 10:20:41 AM

Lots do. Our tender American bowels just can't take the INTENSITY.   :sad:

theres so many things wrong with our water, that i dont know if my stomach grew tougher, or im gonna die 10 years early

IIRC, residents of countries with contaminated water are at least somewhat resistant to the local pathogens.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Suu

When I went to Cancun, before we brushed our teeth, we either had to run the tap water through the coffee pot to sterile it or use bottled water. Though after my bout with contaminated Providence tap water (Pawtucket's is MUCH better) I'm just don't really trust it ANYWHERE.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Sir Squid Diddimus

BTW and TMI- no foodborne illness, just horrible stinky smelly butt fog.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Three hours of sleep is NOT ENOUGH. If you can't trust your circadians and you can't trust your neighbours, pack earplugs.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Golden Applesauce

Letting a shaken can of soda sit for a while will not make it any less pressurized.

Opening a pressurized can of soda in a movie theater is a bad idea.
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

When getting a haircut outside in the summer, twilight is not the appropriate time. If you must, be sure to annoint yourself with enough DDT to make small passing animals cringe on the outskirts of town -- mosquitos appear to be a hardier bunch.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Cainad (dec.)

PROTIP: coming home from three days of blacksmithing, covered in coal dust and sweat, to find out that the water has been turned off to install a new pressure tank kinda sucks. :sad:

Phnepsilon

Don't make out with someone after they say "I feel like you're a brother to me," just so you can tease them after for being into incest. Fooling around with or having sex with someone for the lolitude is something that always seems like a better idea than it is. Especially if they turn out to still be breathing...

Good times.  :|

-Kel-

Don't eat a chilli cheese dog right before bed.  :x

Golden Applesauce

If someone asks you how you would bring a weapon into school and hide it, it is not a test of your creativity or "security mindset."  Likewise, refrain from commenting that anti-intruder policies could be thwarted simply by attacking during class changes, or pulling a fire alarm first.
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Cain

Tip: don't order a meal when the chef is just about to go home, ever.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: GA on August 24, 2009, 04:49:53 PM
If someone asks you how you would bring a weapon into school and hide it, it is not a test of your creativity or "security mindset."  Likewise, refrain from commenting that anti-intruder policies could be thwarted simply by attacking during class changes, or pulling a fire alarm first.

What the fuck would possess someone to talk about shit like that?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.