News:

PD.com: Living proof that just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Main Menu

Different editions of the Principia

Started by Gorightly, August 24, 2009, 03:49:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gorightly

Does any one have any details on the 2rd and 3rd edition of the Principia?

Cainad (dec.)

In honor of Richard Nixon, they have been turned into festering corpses.

Lies

Used as toilet paper by MAL-2 when he ran out of the 1rd and 4th editions.
- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!

Cramulus

Holy wow, it's Adam Gorightly!

Dude, I loved your book

sadly, I do not know about the 2nrd or 3rde editions
but, welcome :fnord:

Gorightly

well,I think I have a line on the 2nd and 3rd....but pose a question to Discordians: I should have known better....But all seriousness aside, if anyone has anything of substance on 2 and 3, let me know, just trying to confirm a few things....re:contents, cover, etc....

Gorightly

oh and thanks for the props, Cramulus.

Telarus

Yeah, the only real references I have are from the outro to the 4th ed:

QuoteThis being the Fourth Edition, March 1970, San Francisco: a revision of the Third Edition of 500 copies, whomped together in Tampa, 1969; which revised the Second Edition of 100 copies from Los Angeles, 1969; which was a revision of Principia Discordia, or How the West Was Lost, published in New Orleans in 1965 in five copies, which were mainly lost.

Interesting to note that the early cabals were quite aware of the POWER and WRATH of the WOMP, it (or a close relation) having apparently spawned the Third Edition.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cramulus on August 24, 2009, 04:47:55 AM
Holy wow, it's Adam Gorightly!

Who?  Am I missing something?

TGRR,
Cultural illiterate.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

First hit on google says, "Known as the Mr. Blackwell of Conspiracy Theorists, Adam Gorightly has been writing on fashion and mind control since the early 1990's."

So, he's an expert.  Show some respect.

Cramulus

he wrote a bio of Kerry Thornley which I found immensely enjoyable. It talked a lot about the influences surrounding early Discordia. It's awfully hard to get high quality info about that period, and Adam's book covers a lot of it really nicely.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Cramulus on August 24, 2009, 08:40:51 PM
he wrote a bio of Kerry Thornley which I found immensely enjoyable. It talked a lot about the influences surrounding early Discordia. It's awfully hard to get high quality info about that period, and Adam's book covers a lot of it really nicely.

I agree. It painted a pretty interesting picture of early Discordians and their various successes, failures, achievements and completely insane issues.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on August 24, 2009, 08:36:38 PM
First hit on google says, "Known as the Mr. Blackwell of Conspiracy Theorists, Adam Gorightly has been writing on fashion and mind control since the early 1990's."

So, he's an expert.  Show some respect.

If this is really him, and if I find that his book - which I will buy today - isn't utter shit, then I will in fact grant him a grudging respect that I normally do not show humans.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Ephenoir

Quote from: Gorightly on August 24, 2009, 03:49:10 AM
Does any one have any details on the 2rd and 3rd edition of the Principia?

http://www.23ae.com/files/pd3rd.zip

3rd Edition Scan, but it is terrible...

Verbal Mike

Of course it's terrible! Did you expect scanning to make that thing worth reading? :argh!:
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.