PD.Com: Pretention in a can.

Main Menu

The Joys Of Planeswalking - Chapter II

Started by Ari, August 25, 2009, 07:30:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ari

The Joys Of Planeswalking – An Unpractical Handbook For The Mentally Ill
Chapter 2 – The Third Side Of The Coin

planeswalking [pla:ns'walking],  v , the conscious modulation of reality tunnels and the mental framework after cleansing the mind of the unnecessities of modern living.

"Your mind is fucked enough. So is the world. Let's rejoice and dance on the Shitwave while we still can. Either that or just be away for a while." ~The Big Book of Doom, TGRS

Many a times the right attitude towards your Self and therefor your perceptive framework / framework of perceptions will make a crucial difference in not only how life "feels" but also in what you "get" from the multiverse. (refer to "The Good Life" by TGRS)

To explain this I would like to use this coin here.

In a way our (subjective) perception could be broken down in a simple way: the two sides of a medal or coin - anything flat and spherical will do here. Shiny is nice but not mandatory. So let's toss it and see.

1st - the obvious / immediate side
Mostly dominated by your primary filters, in many clearly ego-driven and delusional. Based on our mental framework a bunch of identifiers will be immediately attached. To simplify things we shall just use the value (+/-) here since most people tend to see things as either good or bad (for themselves).
In a simple toss for perception this would be the side which is on top.

2nd - "the other side of the medal"
A good number of people are able to see behind their first perception and can consider an anti-perspective that is opposite to their immediate. For this model we will use the value (-/+)
In a simple toss for perception this would be the side which is on the bottom. In order to see it we'd either have to pick up the coin and take a look, or can simple assume what it is based on our previous knowledge of which sides exist. Picking it up and looking might be more trouble but will get a more profound result since we can't know if the other side has changed since last we saw it fly through the air. Which is to be considered.

I'm leaving out "the subjective collective" since opening that can will just blow this entire experiment out of proportion.

The 3rd Side of the Coin - The Edge
Please note that the edge of the coin is definitely counting as a side as well, yet many are unaware of this. Chances that the untrained will have it as a result of a toss are slim. As value here we can easily use (?/?) and I shall explain why:
Since the perfect circle is the basis for our perfect coin of perceptions we can safely assume that we have a polygon with infinite sides which brings us to the point that there are an infinite possible sides showing upwards which again leads to an infinite number of possible perceptions of a single occurrence.
The trained will become more and more aware of these sides and can soon pick any number of points from the edge to supplement his/her perceptive bouquet. This will supply with a multitude of possible perceptions at any given time.
In the beginning it is advised to use free will to achieve a number of desired effects that are uncommon the mental framework and with continued effort the meaninglessness of our rating system becomes self-evident. Often this will lead to a calmer, more understanding attitude towards the multiverse, the Self and it's inhabitants.

Furthermore, the 1st and 2nd side become more and more interchangeable due to the insight into the relativity of our own perceptions: this brings up the possibility to decide what is heads & tails and ultimately allow to change the contents of the sides before, during and even after the "toss".
Thus the possibility to always end up in a positive, constructive trip. At any time.
Which is to be considered.

Ultimately one should know one thing though: there is no fucking coin.

What remains however, is to adjust the mental framework in a way which allows the alignment with the Universal Pulse to start The Good Life;
Good & Bad are delusional symbols.
Everything is everything. And nothing.
We are everything. And nothing.
Don't just feel free – be free. Be now. Be your true Self.

Written in the spirit of The Good Reverend Sebastian,
wandering priest and reincarnated sexgod.

Disclaimer: Excessive planeswalking might result in enjoying life a little more. Uncommon side-effects are the wearing of fancy white jackets with extra long sleeves.

"Strange loops in my headspace, always moving but never leaving the place. A multiverse of perception, infinite layers of conception. Spheres between spheres, so much to choose from. And indecision rolling through me like waves. Strife and sorrow, peace and joy, alles alt, alles neu. Die Welt an der ich mich erfreu; doch Gedankenranken ranken ohne Scheu wie Efeugebräu. Order and Disorder melting into Chaos, and the only rhyme I can find is Laos."
~excerpt from the ramblings of my first apprentice just before he ended up switching universes. Haven't seen him since.
パンクビッチ

The Good Reverend Roger

Sorry, too much jargon.  Please re-write comprehensibly.  I am not going to spend 2 hours translating that, but I realized within 1 sentence that it was needlessly complicated.

If your idea needs that kind of window dressing, it's probably wrong.  Simple is better.

Also:

QuoteGood & Bad are delusional symbols.

Tell that to the former inmates of the barstool we used to call Auschwitz.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Ari

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 31, 2009, 07:38:51 PM
Sorry, too much jargon.  Please re-write comprehensibly.  I am not going to spend 2 hours translating that, but I realized within 1 sentence that it was needlessly complicated.

If your idea needs that kind of window dressing, it's probably wrong.  Simple is better.

Also:

re: keeping it simple - I'll keep that in mind when I throw all three chapters together into one unhandy little pamphlet. Apart from the attempt at a definition it didn't seem that complicated to me though, but then again I've been writing it so I know what I mean. Posting for feedback though, so thanks anyways.

re: Good & Bad: The truth doesn't need to wear a fancy dress and give you kisses. Usually the truth comes with the foot first straight in your face.
パンクビッチ

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: planeswalker on September 02, 2009, 10:54:02 AM

Also:

re: keeping it simple - I'll keep that in mind when I throw all three chapters together into one unhandy little pamphlet. Apart from the attempt at a definition it didn't seem that complicated to me though, but then again I've been writing it so I know what I mean. Posting for feedback though, so thanks anyways.

re: Good & Bad: The truth doesn't need to wear a fancy dress and give you kisses. Usually the truth comes with the foot first straight in your face.

The Nazis weren't offering truth.  Not every bad thing is a lesson.  Sometimes, it just kills you.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

LMNO

Kai

The Horrible Troof: Even yourself, no different from the rest of the monkeys.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Kai on September 02, 2009, 03:20:09 PM
The Horrible Troof: Even yourself, no different from the rest of the monkeys.

WRONG.  I walk upright.  Or kill me.

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Sorry, too much jargon.  Please re-write comprehensibly.  I am not going to spend 2 hours translating that, but I realized within 1 sentence that it was needlessly complicated.

If your idea needs that kind of window dressing, it's probably wrong.  Simple is better.

Also:

I'd link it up but fuck trying to find it. I did read one account from a holocaust survivor who said very much what planeswalker did. Only act of defiance was keeping his head where he wanted it and by his account he did it.

Me--You can hit me with a barstool but you can't force me to give a fuck.

Me...They had me once. I mean they FUCKING had me. Interrogation room, no bullshit detective, details, people, places, times, all recounted to me with stunning, petrifying detail and accuracy. The rule was, the BIG RULE, "Forget about how you're not going to get caught for a second and assume you already are. What's the worst case scenario? Do you accept it? If so...game on. If no, abort!" And this would be the one fucking time I didn't even bother to consult the BIG RULE, and this was, of course, the one time they fucking had me, dead to fucking rights, the one time, the one and only time I had ever seen a place this far outside of "I accept it", and the only time I had seen the case against me laid out so perfectly. 10 years earlier they soooo almost had me, but for the fancy footwork, they woulda. But then 10 years earlier I could accept it, easy. 10 years earlier it was just me and my evil ways, and my time. 10 years earlier I wouldn't be hanging any innocents out to dry. 10 years earlier I wouldn't have been the least and slimiest thing I never imagined I could be...

Funny thing about fucked. I could p-p-p-panic...I could dread...I could crumble...but what I couldn't do, was a god-damn thing to change it. Nothing. They fucking had me and I was just waiting for the axe to fall.

Funny thing about fucked--I felt stupid for forgetting the BIG RULE. I felt guilty for doing so with the commitments I held. To this day...in that position...putting all that on the line, not something I ever wanted to face. I felt shitty about the situation in general, and the fallout and everything that was happening...But I felt, not a single goddamn bit of remorse for the deed that got me there. Felt quite sure of that deed, in fact. Felt right with that deed. My only dick move was opening myself up for a much bigger dick move. My fuck up was getting fucked.

Funny thing about being fucked--when the turn card comes out and I see they've got 4 aces a royal flush kicker and a flechette pistol up their sleeve, and I've got a deuce of clubs and an index card with my 8th grade geometry notes on it, what exactly is the right thing to feel there? What would be the most helpful way to think, when no thought, feeling or action could help me in the slightest? Dumb questions with no answers. Waiting for the axe to fall there ain't a damn thing to do but hold on to my own head until...If a holocaust survivor did it through that, I sure as hell could through this. Choose my illusion until that right was bled out of me.

Then there it was. The last little bit of every god-damned-thing I had only ever had all along. You can hit me with a bar-stool, but you'll never force me to give a fuck. You can try convict and sentence me, but you can't force me to be guilty. You can tie me up, throw me in a hole, and leave me there to rot, but you can't force me to hate you for it. You can strip away every last bit of me, but you can't touch what remains.

Me being here, at my own home, typing this these relatively few years later is, I guess, evidence of how it all turned out. Vague idea why. Absurd notion of how. But, nevertheless, I'm here. They fucking had me...and evidently...they didn't care. I'll take the mortal suck-out and owe a life-debt to never giving that much to dumb fucking luck again, and I'll do so with all due submission and humility. But what I won't do, under any circumstances ever is give a damn thing to a good and bad that ain't mine alone to choose or lose.
Back to the fecal matter in the pool