News:

PD.com: "a rather irritating form of hermetic terrorism".

Main Menu

Goddammit, LMNO, WTF?

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, August 26, 2009, 04:52:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-Kel-

I quit in april and im chewing away at my fingers today and want to punch everyone!

All i want is a smoke  :x

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: skeleton on August 26, 2009, 06:09:04 PM
I quit in april and im chewing away at my fingers today and want to punch everyone!

All i want is a smoke  :x

And if you do it, you'll be upset with yourself for weeks.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Squid on August 26, 2009, 05:22:11 PM
I like to stand close to my friends when they smoke. And breathe deeply.
They think I'm just being creepy so I'll do something weird like sniff their hair real hard and smile like I'm gonna lure em into a van.

Why do they tolerate me?

:lulz: Because you're AWESOME?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I posted this in the other thread, but two of my friends read this book and it like, hypnotized them or something. I seriously don't know what the deal is but two of the longest, hardest chain-smoking motherfuckers I know quit immediately upon reading this book, and report never having a desire to smoke again.

http://www.amazon.com/Easy-Way-Stop-Smoking-Non-Smokers/dp/1402718616/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1251306715&sr=8-1
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on August 26, 2009, 06:16:01 PM
I posted this in the other thread, but two of my friends read this book and it like, hypnotized them or something. I seriously don't know what the deal is but two of the longest, hardest chain-smoking motherfuckers I know quit immediately upon reading this book, and report never having a desire to smoke again.

http://www.amazon.com/Easy-Way-Stop-Smoking-Non-Smokers/dp/1402718616/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1251306715&sr=8-1

Thanks.

But that's cheating.

TGRR,
Knows that if it doesn't make you suffer, it isn't doing you good.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

fomenter

Quote from: skeleton on August 26, 2009, 06:09:04 PM

All i want is a smoke  :x
i quit in april and i want to punch every one but it has nothing to do with smoking
Quote from: fomenter on August 25, 2009, 06:14:49 PM
its a good book, accounts of how mild nicotine withdrawal are may vary from person to person (i found them stronger than the book describes ) but it doesnt really matter, the point of the book is to do some nlp reprogramming on your brain and become a non smoker before you stop smoking  which changes the effect of and your perception of the withdrawal symptoms (withdrawal from nicotine no longer equals wanting a smoke) this method is go cold turkey without needing the strong will power because you aren't denying yourself ...

nicotine withdrawal separated from wanting a smoke involved plenty of suffering and did me all the good i need
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Iason Ouabache

ITT Reason #1 why I have never smoked a single cigarette in my life. I'm pretty sure that I'm the only one in my family that hasn't been hooked by it at some point in their life. I've seen how hard it is to quit. My dad still sneaks one after quitting about 7 years ago when he had his second heart attack.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

-Kel-

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on August 26, 2009, 07:13:27 PM
ITT Reason #1 why I have never smoked a single cigarette in my life. I'm pretty sure that I'm the only one in my family that hasn't been hooked by it at some point in their life. I've seen how hard it is to quit. My dad still sneaks one after quitting about 7 years ago when he had his second heart attack.

My father in law sneaks smokes as well, and he's been told that his lungs are scared, blackened and he's going to die real soon. He's only in his 50s.

The new E-cigs look cool!!!

fomenter

we have a thread about those somewhere,
i had one it started spewing vile noxious liquid into my mouth after the first few cartridges, worthless expensive piece of crap, the only legitimate use for e cigs is to smoke them in public places to enrage anti smoking Nazis for the fun of watching their heads explode when they try to confront you...
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

-Kel-

Indeed! My sister loved ticking off everyone on a plane to .KZ from SLC.

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: skeleton on August 26, 2009, 07:16:55 PM
The new E-cigs look cool!!!
i've heard the quality of construction varies greatly on those things.
they've become somewhat popular around here since the city wide smoking ban....
carry around one of those bong vaporizers for your tobacco..... and an extension cord..... and a sense of incredulity to whip out when you are told 'you can't plug thing in here'.

The Good Reverend Roger

Is cheating.

Even if there was a perfectly safe way for me to use tobacco, I wouldn't, because it's me vs the weed in a fight to the death.

Suu

Quote from: LMNO on August 26, 2009, 05:49:12 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 26, 2009, 04:52:23 PM
I quit smoking ages ago, and every once in a while - today for example - I'm back to DAY FUCKING ONE of withdrawl.  Totally at random.

At what point does this shit end?

Consider it retaliation for the "unexpected" deluge of rain Boston got between 4:05 and 4:15 -- which, incidentally, is exactly when I was walking home from work.

WTF? Not a cloud in the sky here ALL DAY. You were totally targeted.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Suu on August 26, 2009, 07:44:21 PM
Quote from: LMNO on August 26, 2009, 05:49:12 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 26, 2009, 04:52:23 PM
I quit smoking ages ago, and every once in a while - today for example - I'm back to DAY FUCKING ONE of withdrawl.  Totally at random.

At what point does this shit end?

Consider it retaliation for the "unexpected" deluge of rain Boston got between 4:05 and 4:15 -- which, incidentally, is exactly when I was walking home from work.

WTF? Not a cloud in the sky here ALL DAY. You were totally targeted.

As I said, I was provoked.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 26, 2009, 07:30:27 PM
Is cheating.

Even if there was a perfectly safe way for me to use tobacco, I wouldn't, because it's me vs the weed in a fight to the death.

Don't Fight the Weed Man!
        \
:hippie:
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson