News:

PD.com - you don't even believe in nihilism anymore

Main Menu

NASA's Ares I-X Rocket

Started by -Kel-, August 27, 2009, 03:50:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fomenter

Quote from: Kai on August 28, 2009, 08:26:20 PM
I find it funny that, although Freud was a loony, this sort of thing validates just how right he was in some ways.

i dunt know why but all of a sudden i think we need mor big rockets
                   /
:mullet:
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Payne

Cheaper and safer to put people on the moon, or on Mars or wherever by robotics, sure, I can dig that.

I still like the idea of actual people walking steps on a completely alien landscape though. Fuck, even though I was born 14 years after the first man walked on the moon, I look up at it and it blows my mind that someone actually did. Putting machines up there just don't move me as much. It'll be the same thing with Mars for me too, if they ever actually do it.

So it's expensive and inefficient and a poor allocation of science budgets... I don't give a fuck.

Rumckle

It's for the same reason the English went to America and Australia, we need a place to put people we don't like.
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Requia ☣

Quote from: Kai on August 28, 2009, 05:20:08 PM
why are we going to the moon again?

Clarification: Why are we sending people to the moon again?

Imagine trying to study an insect colony via a robot.  Not a nice science fiction robot, something with treads, that only has a fraction of human dexterity.  Also it like to break in really stupid ways you could fix in 5 minutes if you were on site.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.