News:

PD.com: The most patriotic board in America - jointly run by an Australian, an Irishman, a filthy Dutchman, a Canadian and some guy from the West Indies.

Main Menu

The Birth of the Lie.

Started by Kai, August 28, 2009, 10:42:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kai

Was thinking about that old thread by LHX today, that went down when the Discordian Network database was lost back in...early 2006? Anyway, can't remember what the details were but I remember it was amazing. Anyone else remember better than me? I know X did some drawings.

Was trying to remember...
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Triple Zero

search this board for "origin of the lie" that should yield some results. most of the discussion about it was had at RWHN's BIP/TDN board which got lost when attheforums.com went down.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

LMNO

He had some myth figure he was pimping at the time... "Yacub"? Something like that.

If I recall, my stance was that it was the pattern-maker that opened the door for the opportunity to lie.

Kai

Quote from: LMNO on August 30, 2009, 01:33:13 PM
He had some myth figure he was pimping at the time... "Yacub"? Something like that.

If I recall, my stance was that it was the pattern-maker that opened the door for the opportunity to lie.

I bumped the fragments in TFYS,S.

X has been into middle eastern religion for a long time. I remember he was into Sufi and Islam at some point. That might be where Yacub came from.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

AFK

Ugh, bad memories.  Bad memories.  Not LHX's idea, but the board going all Chernobyl on us. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Triple Zero

yeah. fuckers.

was it Yacub? Maybe I remember wrongly but I thought it was referred to as YHVH?

It always had a kind of Scientology-ish flavour to me, cause it was an alien.

googling a bit leads me to "yacub theory" which is mentioned on a Wu-Tang board: http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10245 (image link has the picture of the black alien dude)

afaik LHX is/was also a moderator on the Wu-Tang board (or perhaps a generic hiphop related board, but it was a fairly big one IIRC).

(edit: better link)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.