News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "At least Satanists HAVE a worldview. After reading this thread, I'm convinced that discordians not only don't, but will actively mock anyone who does."

Main Menu

LARPGASM

Started by Cramulus, August 28, 2009, 05:36:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

Quote from: Telarus on August 29, 2009, 08:47:33 PM
I wonder if we can find some way of embedding the One-Line Meme Bomb database tool into the NING site. That's be a handy resource to have at your fingertips over there, and the extra exposure would mean more votes and culling of the best meme bombs.

so far unable to find a virtual currency widget, im pretty sure i could code that.

but not until we actually get the game running (cause it will be useless before then)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Verbal Mike

What happened to this? :(
I've been AFK a lot this past week and have all kinds of crazy errands to run but I've managed to peek into the etherpad regularly, only to see discussion has died down.
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

Cramulus

I've been busy as fuck doing apartment hunting and the like

we're still stuck on the issue of how to tabulate people's votes

President Television

I know this post isn't really contributing anything, and I'm not sure how I can contribute, but I'd like to say that I want to get involved with this somehow. It would give me an excuse to get out of the house more, actually do some mindfucking, read more literature, excercise myself creatively, etc.
Also, I know a few ubergeeks at my school that I could spread the word to, if that would help our cause(which I think it would, however little).

I do have a question, though. Are we just going to call this LARPGASM, or should we come up with a title for the  benefit of the non-Discordian LARPers?
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Cramulus

LARPGASM would be the code name, relevant to other Discordians. the project would have a real name elsewhere.

the project, as it stands, is frozen.

for posterity, and future larpwrights, here were the objectives:

To create a game which is ....

-a mindfuck to both players and nonplayers
-scales well. It can be played with 2 people or 2000 people with no extra work on the admin's part
-content generated / aggregated by other players
-playing the game also advertises the game

President Television

I like how it would create this whole other layer of fictional reality over the rest of it. A mindfuck indeed. I have to say I'm in love with the concept.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.