News:

Testimonial - Well it seems that most of you "discordians" are little more than dupes of the Cathedral/NWO memetic apparatus after all -- "freethinkers" in the sense that you are willing to think slightly outside the designated boxes of correct thought, but not free in the sense that you reject the existence of the boxes and seek their destruction.

Main Menu

MORE FUNDIE CRAZY

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, August 28, 2009, 09:01:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Quote from: derpsichord on August 29, 2009, 01:43:01 AM
Wait so we can just chill on Earth after the Rapture? I'll have the whole Biblebelt to myself.  8)

You've got it all wrong man. I think They're all going to Hell in the Bible Belt...

QuoteMark 7:6-8
6.He told them, "Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you hypocrites. As it is written, 'These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. 7.Their worship of me is worthless, because they teach human rules as doctrines.' 8.You abandon the commandment of God and hold to human tradition."
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Dysnomia

^ TITCM

I think we're already IN hell tbh.
It's all fun and games, till someone gets herpes.

http://cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/122010/mow-the-lawn.gif

Golden Applesauce

I don't understand why people keep assuming the rapture hasn't happened yet.  The obvious conclusion is that the Second Coming did happen, during the lifetime of whatever dude Jesus promised it would to.  Since, y'know, that's when he said it would happen and Jesus doesn't lie.  Let the Word interpret itself for Chrissakes!  The reason nobody noticed is because, as is written in the Bible, only the poorest, meekest, humblest, etc people got in - nobody cares when a few dozen hobos go missing.
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Epimetheus

Quote from: GA on August 31, 2009, 01:42:50 AM
The obvious conclusion is that the Second Coming did happen, during the lifetime of whatever dude Jesus promised it would to. 

Maybe the J-man promised them that, and then made them immortal. for the lulz.
POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

derpsichord

Quote from: Prelate Diogenes Shandor on August 31, 2009, 01:30:59 AM

You've got it all wrong man. I think They're all going to Hell in the Bible Belt...

6.He told them, "Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you hypocrites. As it is written, 'These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. 7.Their worship of me is worthless, because they teach human rules as doctrines.' 8.You abandon the commandment of God and hold to human tradition."

:aaa:
That's a cool quote for the Bible.

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Quote from: Epimetheus on August 31, 2009, 01:57:04 AM
The obvious conclusion is that the Second Coming did happen, during the lifetime of whatever dude Jesus promised it would to. 

If I recall correctly, I think that he said (Several times in fact) that the end would come when nobody was expecting it, so it can't happen while there are still people who believe that the apocalypse is actually going to happen.

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Kai

Wait so we can just chill on Earth after the Rapture? I'll have the whole Biblebelt to myself.  8)

I LOVE that passage.

Jesus, where the hell ARE these real christians? All killed off? Because the above passage makes them sound like the blood of true patriots.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Requia ☣

I'm pretty sure the last real Christian got burned alive for being a which around the 14th century.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Kai on August 31, 2009, 02:10:09 AM

I LOVE that passage.

Jesus, where the hell ARE these real christians? All killed off? Because the above passage makes them sound like the blood of true patriots.

Check OKM, my Godless, damned-for-all-eternity friend.  We're here.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Quote from: Prelate Diogenes Shandor on August 31, 2009, 02:01:49 AM
Quote from: Epimetheus on August 31, 2009, 01:57:04 AM

If I recall correctly, I think that he said (Several times in fact) that the end would come when nobody was expecting it, so it can't happen while there are still people who believe that the apocalypse is actually going to happen.

Just as an aside; On Futurama they predicted that the Second Coming would occur in the year 2443, and that its only lasting effect would be to damage most videotapes from the 2oth century

Remington

Yoinked for future discussions with fundies, thanks. It's always awesome when you can take them down with their own holy scripture.
Is it plugged in?

Kai

Quote from: Havok on August 31, 2009, 07:11:11 AM
Yoinked for future discussions with fundies, thanks. It's always awesome when you can take them down with their own holy scripture.

No, they'll just say that you're the devil quoting scripture for evil reasons. And rightly so, you Satan spawn.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

If you like that one, then you should check out Ecclesiastes 7:16

QuoteEcclesiastes 7:16
"Be Ye Not Righteous Overmuch, Nor Make Thyself Overwise. Why Shouldest thou destroy thyself"

In fact, most of the Book of Ecclesiastes is kind of like that. Check it out...

Remington

Quote from: Kai on August 31, 2009, 12:28:20 PM

No, they'll just say that you're the devil quoting scripture for evil reasons. And rightly so, you Satan spawn.
My bad, forgot for a second that it's impossible to have a "discussion" with a fundie. Also, Satanism has a really good dental plan.
Is it plugged in?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Havok on August 31, 2009, 08:22:08 PM

My bad, forgot for a second that it's impossible to have a "discussion" with a fundie.

Incorrect.  You just have to beat them into submission first.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.