News:

MysticWicks endorsement: ""Oooh, I'm a Discordian! I can do whatever I want! Which means I can just SAY I'm a pagan but I never bother doing rituals or studying any kind of sacred texts or developing a relationship with deity, etc! I can go around and not be Christian, but I won't quite be anything else either because I just can't commit and I can't be ARSED to commit!"

Main Menu

ATTN, TRIPLE ZILCH!

Started by Iason Ouabache, August 30, 2009, 06:24:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iason Ouabache

You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Sir Squid Diddimus

I call bullshit.
What are we taklin about?

Triple Zero

my first reaction: "thank god ..."

seriously, autotune overuse has nearly made me dislike the vocoder.

my gf played some upbeat poppy alt rock stuff recently (forgot the name) and half of the lyrics were autotuned to death, even though the guy could sing fine. I liked it, except the autotune made me wanna puke.

three years ago that would have been fresh but now everybody and their dog is doing it.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Eater of Clowns

I say fuck Autotune proper.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Pariah

Play safe! Ski only in a clockwise direction! Let's all have fun together!

Faust

Quote from: Triple Zero on August 30, 2009, 05:27:48 PM

my gf played some upbeat poppy alt rock stuff recently (forgot the name) and half of the lyrics were autotuned to death, even though the guy could sing fine. I liked it, except the autotune made me wanna puke.

three years ago that would have been fresh but now everybody and their dog is doing it.
A vocoder should be used for nothing else but impersonating Daleks
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Bruno

Yes. It's the only reason I want one.
Formerly something else...

Triple Zero

Quote from: ☂Faust☂ on August 30, 2009, 07:44:10 PM

You mean Cylons. Those are proper vocoders.

I'm not entirely sure if the Dalek voice counts as a vocoder. It sounds to me like a pitch shift and some vibrato/modulation, combined with A-SCREA-MING-A-GRES-SIVE-MO-NO-TONE-VOICE-THAT-ENDS-E-VE-RY-SEN-TENCE-AS-IF-IT-WAS-A-QUES-TION??

my gf downloaded a Dalek voice pack for her TomTom (car navigation GPS system), it's hilarious:

IN-FOUR-HUN-DRED-ME-TERS? TURN-RIGHT-AT-THE-ROUND-A-BOUT? HU-MAN?

YOU-HAVE-HAVE-REACHED-YOUR-DES-TI-NA-TION? STOP? EX-TER-MI-NATE? HU-MAN?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Triple Zero on August 30, 2009, 08:15:59 PM
Quote from: ☂Faust☂ on August 30, 2009, 07:44:10 PM

You mean Cylons. Those are proper vocoders.

I'm not entirely sure if the Dalek voice counts as a vocoder. It sounds to me like a pitch shift and some vibrato/modulation, combined with A-SCREA-MING-A-GRES-SIVE-MO-NO-TONE-VOICE-THAT-ENDS-E-VE-RY-SEN-TENCE-AS-IF-IT-WAS-A-QUES-TION??

my gf downloaded a Dalek voice pack for her TomTom (car navigation GPS system), it's hilarious:

IN-FOUR-HUN-DRED-ME-TERS? TURN-RIGHT-AT-THE-ROUND-A-BOUT? HU-MAN?

YOU-HAVE-HAVE-REACHED-YOUR-DES-TI-NA-TION? STOP? EX-TER-MI-NATE? HU-MAN?

Oh my  god! This makes me want a GPS!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Iason Ouabache

You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

fomenter

somebody should auto tune Aaron Neville .... just because...  :D
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp