News:

Endorsement from MysticWicks: "The most fatuous, manipulative, and venomous people to be found here are all of the discordian genre."

Main Menu

Gödel, Escher, Bach video lectures

Started by Cramulus, August 30, 2009, 06:16:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brotep

Quote from: Cainad on September 07, 2009, 01:50:21 PM
Anton, grow a pair. I've been dogpiled twice as hard more times than I care to admit I deserved.

See, if you had gone into more detail to explain what he meant by "out of the running for the elite" and done it in such a way as to thoroughly portray him as a prick, that would have caused us to be swayed by the Fundamental Attribution Error and interpret his harsh poetry critique as utter dickishness. But you fucked that up and now everyone will hate you forever and there is no salvation from the ever-deepening pit of fail into which you have fallen; your voice shall join the hellish chorus of the wails and gnashing of teeth of a million thin-skinned weenies in that pit.

</facetious interjection into a conversation I had no part in>
[/quote]

lol, you have a point

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on September 07, 2009, 08:30:16 AM
Quote from: Nasturtiums on September 07, 2009, 08:05:48 AM
The more and more I go about life the more I learn out that poetry  is, apparently, SRS BSNS.

Of course it is. But the people who take it most seriously are usually the worst at it.

So it's not enough for you to troll me out of hearth and home, you have to imply that I'm a bad poet, too?

BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Anton on September 07, 2009, 06:11:11 PM

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on September 07, 2009, 08:30:16 AM
Quote from: Nasturtiums on September 07, 2009, 08:05:48 AM
The more and more I go about life the more I learn out that poetry  is, apparently, SRS BSNS.

Of course it is. But the people who take it most seriously are usually the worst at it.

So it's not enough for you to troll me out of hearth and home, you have to imply that I'm a bad poet, too?

BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

:|

Now that you have firmly established yourself as a pantywaist, I regret to inform you that I was talking about the other guy... the one who cried over his poem being critiqued harshly. But the same probably applies to you, now that you mention it. And this isn't "trolling", I just had a couple of questions about your comments and you went all douchebag bawwww central instead of answering them.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Elder Iptuous

sooooooo.....
anyways.

Of the people here that have read GEB, what are some of the most enduring images that you have form it?
I would have to say that, for me, one is the anteater talking to the ant colony by means of selectively eating the ants...  that one sticks for some reason.

LMNO

Not for nothing, I can second the opinion that Hofsteader's kind of a prick.  Also, he doesn't really know all that much about Escher or Bach, even though he'll pretend he does and get all peevish when you call him on it.