News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "I've always, always regarded the Discordians as being people who chose to be Discordians because they can't be arsed to actually do any work to develop a relationship with a specific deity, they were too wishy-washy to choose just one path, and they just want to be a mishmash of everything and not have to work at learning about rituals or traditions or any such thing as that."

Main Menu

Roger's Got a Brand New Bag

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, August 31, 2009, 03:29:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Von Melee on August 31, 2009, 10:53:38 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 19, 1973, 06:31:37 PM

Of course it's going to work, if I actually do it.

I am contemplating quitting my job and fleecing the stupid for a living.  Problem, I don't actually seem to be a total moral vacuum, and I still have this "self respect" thing.  I need to work on these before I start.

We have much to work on. You'll need a good ole-fashioned "face o'Satan" to attack and demonize to your loyal stupids (when you get them) and convince them that they need to donate to put an end to this blasphemy against ZE ALMIGHTY!!!

I volunteer the patrons of the game shop. All of them.

They have no money.  They spent it all on Warhammer 40K.  :crankey:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Von Melee

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 31, 2009, 11:02:27 PM

I am contemplating quitting my job and fleecing the stupid for a living.  Problem, I don't actually seem to be a total moral vacuum, and I still have this "self respect" thing.  I need to work on these before I start.

We have much to work on. You'll need a good ole-fashioned "face o'Satan" to attack and demonize to your loyal stupids (when you get them) and convince them that they need to donate to put an end to this blasphemy against ZE ALMIGHTY!!!

:wrong:

No, no, no.

The patrons are the face o'Satan I mentioned earlier

Richter

You can demonize linoleum tiles if you're doing it right.  I got going in Wal - Mart yesterday about the stains underneath the shelves as a metaphor for moral corruption and persistent scum in life.  (A few words about cleaning holy fire got in there too.)  People were looking at me like I was throwing the moneychangers out.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Von Melee on August 31, 2009, 11:07:53 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 31, 2009, 11:02:27 PM

:wrong:

No, no, no.

The patrons are the face o'Satan I mentioned earlier

Yeah, because fatass Chris is so goddamned scary.   :lulz:

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Richter on August 31, 2009, 11:12:02 PM
You can demonize linoleum tiles if you're doing it right.  I got going in Wal - Mart yesterday about the stains underneath the shelves as a metaphor for moral corruption and persistent scum in life.  (A few words about cleaning holy fire got in there too.)  People were looking at me like I was throwing the moneychangers out.

Why are you THERE, and not HERE?

These spags do NOT know how to have a good time.

Kai

Quote from: Richter on August 31, 2009, 11:12:02 PM

:lulz: AMEN BROTHER RICHTER!
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Dimocritus

I'm all for creepy sex and the wrath of an angry god and all, but the second point confuses me. Is something like having all that tax-free money going to mean anything when the whole economy implodes? Why not invest in something more resourceful. I think the vampires that run the Red Cross had the right idea with all that human blood, the porphyritic people of the apocalypse will be well fed thanks to the 911 blood drive/blitzkrieg.   
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Dimo1138 on September 08, 2009, 08:48:02 PM
I'm all for creepy sex and the wrath of an angry god and all, but the second point confuses me. Is something like having all that tax-free money going to mean anything when the whole economy implodes? Why not invest in something more resourceful. I think the vampires that run the Red Cross had the right idea with all that human blood, the porphyritic people of the apocalypse will be well fed thanks to the 911 blood drive/blitzkrieg.   

You seem to lack faith in the basic superiority of the American Way™, Dimo.  Even during the depression, 75% of the people still had a job, and thus funds for the collection plate.

And this is nowhere near as bad as the Great Depression.

Dimocritus

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 08, 2009, 09:26:42 PM

Yet.

I for one would be much more comfortable if everything from eating food to driving a car didn't revolve around little pieces of paper, green or otherwise.

If the rights defined in the constitution are inalienable and god-given, do I really need a constitution to grant me them? Bah, burn it all. 

Dimocritus

In addendum, perhaps contributions of guns and ammo would be more beneficial in the long run.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Dimo1138 on September 08, 2009, 09:33:30 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 08, 2009, 09:26:42 PM

Yet.

I for one would be much more comfortable if everything from eating food to driving a car didn't revolve around little pieces of paper, green or otherwise.

Okay, I'm open to alternate suggestions.  Shoot.

Quote from: Dimo1138 on September 08, 2009, 09:33:30 PM
If the rights defined in the constitution are inalienable and god-given, do I really need a constitution to grant me them? Bah, burn it all. 

Har!  Either the constitution allows the oligarchy we have now, or it is powerless to stop it.  Either way, it's garbage.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Dimo1138 on September 08, 2009, 09:34:50 PM
In addendum, perhaps contributions of guns and ammo would be more beneficial in the long run.

Money buys guns.  The trick is knowing when to eliminate your liquidity.

Dimocritus

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 08, 2009, 09:47:40 PM

Okay, I'm open to alternate suggestions.  Shoot.

Hrmmm... How about: If I want to do it, I do. If you don't want me to, try and stop me.

QuoteEither the constitution allows the oligarchy we have now, or it is powerless to stop it.  Either way, it's garbage.

I've read this somewhere before. Shouldn't it be in quotes?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Dimo1138 on September 08, 2009, 09:55:39 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 08, 2009, 09:47:40 PM

Okay, I'm open to alternate suggestions.  Shoot.

Hrmmm... How about: If I want to do it, I do. If you don't want me to, try and stop me.

Oh, you're an anarchist.  Sorry, I thought I was having an intelligent conversation.

Quote from: Dimo1138 on September 08, 2009, 09:55:39 PM
QuoteEither the constitution allows the oligarchy we have now, or it is powerless to stop it.  Either way, it's garbage.

I've read this somewhere before. Shouldn't it be in quotes?

Quite right, sloppy of me.  It was Lysander Spooner, in 1867. 

Now fuck off to 23AE, where they still think anarchism is a workable system.

Dimocritus

QuoteAnarchy–noun
1.    a state of society without government or law.
2.    political and social disorder due to the absence of governmental control: The death of the king was followed by a year of anarchy.
3.    a theory that regards the absence of all direct or coercive government as a political ideal and that proposes the cooperative and voluntary association of individuals and groups as the principal mode of organized society.
4.    confusion; chaos; disorder.

Definition three doesn't sound that bad to me. Why should someone I don't know and will never meet decide what's in my best interest?

Ooh! And just look at definition number four!