News:

Endorsement:  I am not convinced you even understand my concepts of moral relativity, so perhaps it would be best for you not to approach them.

Main Menu

Roger's Got a Brand New Bag

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, August 31, 2009, 03:29:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Payne

TEACH US!

We have lived in ignorance for so very very long, and have prophesied the coming of one who would bring light and knowledge and stregth. In the myths of The People did we raise up the figure of one we called DEE-MOH, and sorely were we opressed by one and all for our belief that we would be saved by Him, and glory from Him and peace came forth from His hand!

And so it came to pass that there would arrive missionaries from foreign lands who would speak unto us, The People, and tell us whence we had erred and to tell us the truth of their people and of their gods. But The People did turn away their face and did close their ears for such missionaries were false, and their words also. And the missionaries were cast to the ground and broken with stones. And The People cried DEE-MOH, see what we do for you? We have rejected the false teachings! We wait only for you!

And so it would be that more missionaries would come to The People and tell us that we were incorrect in our lives and that we had mistakenly followed DEE-MOH and that they would strike us, and the people prevailed. And when the missionaries did try to strike us, yet The People did prevail until they were broken upon the ground with stones.

The faith, we have held it for these many years, and await we did the signs and augers portending your arrival. And when the wise men of The People did say DEE-MOH is here! Rejoice in Him, for His love and knowledge shall be ever lasting and shall we The People sit at his right hand hand on his left and sing songs of praise and glory to him. And whence we shall go forth and break all missionaries on the ground with stones for in DEE-MOH is the only truth, the hidden truth we have waited these many years to hear, and have held closed in our hearts and in our souls.

And now, oh DEE-MOH we await only thy pleasure to do as YOU have said is the One Way, and the One Light, and to go hence and hither us, The People, to The Kingdom where we shall live enlightened forever and ever.

....Fuck you Dimo, srsly.

LMNO

It's like watching a guy walk into a dog pound with a Milk-Bone jockstrap, I swear...

Dimocritus

HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

Payne

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Dimo1138 on September 09, 2009, 05:32:40 PM
Payne, why do you hate America?

For the same reason Jesus hated the Romans, terrorist-kisser.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on September 09, 2009, 05:26:55 PM
It's like watching a guy walk into a dog pound with a Milk-Bone jockstrap, I swear...

Look at it this way...if Dimo and people like him didn't exist, Starbucks would go out of business.  It's the breeding ground for Libertarians and most other forms of anarchist.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Captain Utopia

I personally will not mourn when Starbucks goes out of business.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Dimo1138 on September 09, 2009, 05:04:00 PM
Ok, let me explain something to you guys about a couple of things I would like to call "sarcasm" and "Jocularity," as I can see where they may be difficult to detect, by the unskilled eye, in text. I'd hate to have to point this out to you guys, but alas, it seems I must.

QuoteDammit. Why do people keep calling me a commie? I don't have the proper belief system to support communism. I'm a frikkin' ANARCHIST, damnit.

This, my finicky friends, is what I like to call a "Joke," which contains borderline "Sarcasm" (It is true, however, that there is truth in jest, but the Joker cannot be strictly defined by the joke). I even beleive that in that same thread I referred to myself as a "Nothingarian," which doesn't even exist (and ironicly enough, it seems that a fictional faction holds closest to my own ideals). Whether or not it was implemented correctly or was successful, that is exactly what it was. I felt that the loose, casual demeanor that it was in the context of would lead you to that conclusion on your own, but that's okay, I can walk you through this, hand in hand.

QuoteI didn't say they were benevolent.  I said they worked.

We must clarify the definition, in regards to this discourse (as well as in regards to logic), of the word "Works" in order for either of us to continue to any beneficial end.

And, in closing, to the gentleman that said that I have a tendency for causing drama, I must disagree. You see, most (I must specify most) of my posts are on topic (many may be poor attempts at "Jocularity" [see above] but they are on topic, nonetheless). And furthermore, I never purposely attack anyone in a malicious, shit-flinging manner, which is more than could be said about a lot of the people here.

I can't beleive I had to explain this.

um.

Quote from: Dimo1138 on September 08, 2009, 09:55:39 PM
Hrmmm... How about: If I want to do it, I do. If you don't want me to, try and stop me.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: fictionpuss on September 09, 2009, 05:45:12 PM
I personally will not mourn when Starbucks goes out of business.

Then the fuckers will breed in public.

The Good Reverend Roger

Also, the fact that Dimo derailed my thread is offset by the hours of laughter I've had at Dimo's expense ITT.

:lulz:

Payne

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 09, 2009, 05:55:47 PM
Also, the fact that Dimo derailed my thread is offset by the hours of laughter I've had at Dimo's expense ITT.

I at least tried to bring some religion back into it.

I just shat that out btw, off the hoof as they say.

Captain Utopia

Dimo, you might have figured this one out by now, so stop me if you've heard it before. There's absolutely no meat to be gotten from chewing this bone. THEY decide what's funny. THEY decide what is true. THEY out-number you.

If THEY decide to "put you in your place", then THEY won't stop until you at least make a pretence of going there.

But remember this - whoever you think THEY are - THEY don't exist. Quit barking at your shadow, eh?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Payne on September 09, 2009, 05:59:52 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 09, 2009, 05:55:47 PM

I at least tried to bring some religion back into it.

I just shat that out btw, off the hoof as they say.

The glorious thing about our respective political systems is that they generate the necessary hate that allows this sort of rant-puking to take place.  Anarchists like Dimo would do away with that, and thus deprive future generations of rage-driven hate-shitting.  Along with electric light, dentistry, and the very computer he's babbling from, I might add.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO on September 09, 2009, 05:26:55 PM

This is currently my favorite thread on the board.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The thing about being an anarchist, Dimo, is that you may try to cover it up by claiming to be a "Libertarian", but most Libertarians are simply weak Anarchists... they want enough of the trappings of government to protect them, but none to restrict them. The irony is that almost all of them would fail, and badly, under the very system they claim to advocate. For that matter, most of them are failures NOW, under a system that treats them far less harshly than a fully Libertarian system would. It's because they are weak, and  they believe that it is the Man who is holding  them down... blind to the fact that, actually, it is the Man who is propping them up.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."