News:

Just 'cause this is a Discordian board doesn't mean we eat up dada bullshit

Main Menu

DISNEY TO BUY MARVEL!

Started by Shibboleet The Annihilator, August 31, 2009, 04:25:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shibboleet The Annihilator

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/disney-to-acquire-marvel-entertainment-2009-08-31-9050
Fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!

Suu

WHY?!

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!?!?!?!?!
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cain

Richter

It was bad enough seeing some of my favorite Squaresoft characters flounce about with Donald and Goofy, now we're going to be seeing Wolverine and Magneto do the same.
:kingmeh:
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Sir Squid Diddimus

So first Cthulhu retires and is seen at one of their lush golf resorts...

Now this?
I swear if I see Spidey on It's a Small World there will be hell to pay.

AFK

I have every faith in the world that this move will simultaneously ruin Marvel AND Pixar as someone in Disney is going to convince PIXAR to make a bunch of cheesy animated movies based on Marvel characters.  
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Cain

AFK

Does this mean DC is officially cooler than Marvel? 

Also, I wonder if Stan Lee will be cryogenically frozen next to Walt when he kicks the bucket. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

The Good Reverend Roger

So, some comics got "ruined" (which is like spraying piss on a turd, IMO).  That's BAD NEWS, right up there with the horrible landslide of shit and corruption that is heading down the mountain at us all, right now.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Remington

Is it plugged in?

Golden Applesauce

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on August 31, 2009, 05:05:54 PM
I have every faith in the world that this move will simultaneously ruin Marvel AND Pixar as someone in Disney is going to convince PIXAR to make a bunch of cheesy animated movies based on Marvel characters.  

This opens up the possibility for a Marvel action figure to appear in Toy Story 3, does it not?  In any event, given Pixar's quality work I wouldn't terribly mind them doing a comic book movie.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 31, 2009, 06:05:18 PM
So, some comics got "ruined" (which is like spraying piss on a turd, IMO).  That's BAD NEWS, right up there with the horrible landslide of shit and corruption that is heading down the mountain at us all, right now.

Well, yeah.  Which was worse, the collapse of Rome or the end of free gladiator fights?
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: GA on August 31, 2009, 08:23:55 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 31, 2009, 06:05:18 PM

Well, yeah.  Which was worse, the collapse of Rome or the end of free gladiator fights?

Depends on how far you lived from the colloseum.

Fuquad

THE WORST FORUM ON THE INTERNET

Remington

Quote from: A Pesky Nonvoting Screeching on August 31, 2009, 08:34:14 PM
Quote from: Havok on August 31, 2009, 08:20:21 PM
Quote from: Cain on August 31, 2009, 05:09:51 PM
Deadpool and Friends!
Wolverine - Mickey Mouse crossover!

Couldn't be much worse than this:

True. The only other thing I could think of would be Dread Cthulhu making a guest appearance on Sesame Street.

...I would actually watch that, though.
Is it plugged in?