News:

In North Korea, this forum wouldn't be banned, it would be revered and taught in schools as a palatable and preferable version of Western history. And in many ways, that's all the truth the children of North Korea need

Main Menu

DISNEY TO BUY MARVEL!

Started by Shibboleet The Annihilator, August 31, 2009, 04:25:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Havok on August 31, 2009, 08:37:13 PM

True. The only other thing I could think of would be Dread Cthulhu making a guest appearance on Sesame Street.

...I would actually watch that, though.

Only until you went mad and ate your own eyeballs.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: GA on August 31, 2009, 08:23:55 PM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on August 31, 2009, 05:05:54 PM
I have every faith in the world that this move will simultaneously ruin Marvel AND Pixar as someone in Disney is going to convince PIXAR to make a bunch of cheesy animated movies based on Marvel characters.  

This opens up the possibility for a Marvel action figure to appear in Toy Story 3, does it not?  In any event, given Pixar's quality work I wouldn't terribly mind them doing a comic book movie.

How about a The Incredibles/Fantastic Four crossover. Oh wait... they were the same goddamn thing in the first place!!!
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Fuquad

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on August 31, 2009, 08:47:20 PM
Quote from: GA on August 31, 2009, 08:23:55 PM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on August 31, 2009, 05:05:54 PM
I have every faith in the world that this move will simultaneously ruin Marvel AND Pixar as someone in Disney is going to convince PIXAR to make a bunch of cheesy animated movies based on Marvel characters.  

This opens up the possibility for a Marvel action figure to appear in Toy Story 3, does it not?  In any event, given Pixar's quality work I wouldn't terribly mind them doing a comic book movie.

How about a The Incredibles/Fantastic Four crossover. Oh wait... they were the same goddamn thing in the first place!!!
The Elastigirl/Mr. Fantastic battle would be EPIC!!!!!
THE WORST FORUM ON THE INTERNET

Da6s

Quote from: Havok on August 31, 2009, 08:37:13 PM

True. The only other thing I could think of would be Dread Cthulhu making a guest appearance on Sesame Street.

...I would actually watch that, though.

http://www.hello-cthulhu.com/

We appear to be doomed by our DNA to repeat the same destructive behaviors our forebears have repeated for millenia. If anything our problem solving skills have actually diminished with the advent of technology & our ubiquitous modern conveniences. & yet despite our predisposition towards fear-driven hostility; towards what we anachronistically term primitive behavior another instinct is just as firmly encoded in our make-up. We are capable as our ancestors were of incredible breathtaking acts of kindness. Every hour of every day a man risks his life at a moments notice to save another. Forget for a moment the belligerent benevolent billionaires who grant the unfortunate a crumb of costfree cake. I speak of pure acts of selflessness. A Mother who rushes into the street to save a child from a speeding vehicle. A person who runs into a burning building to reach a family trapped on the upper story. Such actions,such moments,such unconscious selfless decisions,define what it is to be human

Corvidia

:crankey:
Disney is undoubtedly going to screw Marvel up.
One for sorrow,
Two for joy,
Three for a girl,
Four for a boy,
Five for silver,
Six for gold,
Seven for a secret never to be told.

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Cain

Maybe Marvel will screw Disney up.

We might be approaching this from entirely the wrong direction.

Kai

Quote from: Cain on August 31, 2009, 09:41:45 PM

Maybe the comination of deadpool and mickey mouse will result in a sort of particle/anti-particle annihilation, leaving us disney free and squid with a huge hole where Kissimmee used to be.

Also, there will be no more marvel comics but also no more marvel comic /movies/.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Cain

I was just thinking what Joe Quesada would've done to Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.

I laughed, a lot.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Kai on August 31, 2009, 09:48:43 PM

Maybe the comination of deadpool and mickey mouse will result in a sort of particle/anti-particle annihilation, leaving us disney free and squid with a huge hole where Kissimmee used to be.

Also, there will be no more marvel comics but also no more marvel comic /movies/.

Optimist.  Disneyland and Disneyworld will survive the death of our species.

It's a dead world, after all...

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on August 31, 2009, 09:49:58 PM
I was just thinking what Joe Quesada would've done to Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.

I laughed, a lot.

Snow White would have ENORMOUS breasts, wear spandex, and constantly strike poses that shove said breasts 3 feet forward?

Cain

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 31, 2009, 09:51:32 PM
Quote from: Cain on August 31, 2009, 09:49:58 PM

I laughed, a lot.

Snow White would have ENORMOUS breasts, wear spandex, and constantly strike poses that shove said breasts 3 feet forward?

Well that too.  I was referring to the infamous Spiderman plot where Quesada made Spiderman make a deal with the devil, whereby his aunt was cured of cancer, but he never got married.  It led to much (fairly well justified, considering the character derailment) fanboi angst.

Just imagine a remake where Snow White finds out Doc is dying, and makes a pact with Satan whereby she never gets married to The Prince, but Doc is cured.  What a great story for the kids.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Now I'm picturing Zombie Disneyland.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Fuquad

THE WORST FORUM ON THE INTERNET

Corvidia

A thin shred of hope.
One for sorrow,
Two for joy,
Three for a girl,
Four for a boy,
Five for silver,
Six for gold,
Seven for a secret never to be told.