News:

It's like that horrible screech you get when the microphone is positioned too close to a speaker, only with cops.

Main Menu

How do I get blood out of ceiling-riser panels?

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, August 31, 2009, 09:35:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Richter

Sprinkler system, assuming roof leaks aren't that common out there.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Richter on August 31, 2009, 09:41:35 PM
Sprinkler system, assuming roof leaks aren't that common out there.

Only in monsoon season.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Richter

Also, I don't know about blood but I'd prefer it to the fine brew of dead insulation, mumified squirel, and racoon scat that seeps through sometimes.
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Richter on August 31, 2009, 09:57:02 PM
Also, I don't know about blood but I'd prefer it to the fine brew of dead insulation, mumified squirel, and racoon scat that seeps through sometimes.

There's a great big fucking dead rat up there somewhere.

I know this because I shot the monstrous bastard with a nail gun last year.  His carcass went flying around, and I'm not sure where it wound up.  Since this used to be a lab, there's so much ducting and conduit up there that there's no hope of finding it.  Fortunately, things dessicate here, so no stink.

Cramulus

step 1. capture vulture or other carrion feeder
step 2. release into drop ceiling

Richter

YES.

Thousands of the flesh- eating beetles they use for taxidermy.

Kai

If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Kai on August 31, 2009, 10:21:03 PM
Quote from: Richter on August 31, 2009, 10:15:18 PM
YES.

Did someone say Dermestidae?

FUCK.  Those things work like the scarabs in the mummy movies.

It would be a rotten shame if someone filled up our engineer's office with those brutal little bastards.

Damn.  Those things are cooler than guinea worms!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Kai

Unfortunately they only eat dead animal tissue, not living. Still, they could be a total nuisance.

Know anyone who has a bunch of furs/leather/mounted animals/bug collections?  8)
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

YES.

Everything about that website is creepy as fuck. Bins of flesh-eating beetles? Start your own bone-cleaning business!

WHO

WHO SAYS TO THEMSELVES, "HAY, THE LINE OF WORK I REALLY WANT TO GET INTO IS BONE-CLEANING"?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on August 31, 2009, 10:33:06 PM
YES.

Everything about that website is creepy as fuck. Bins of flesh-eating beetles? Start your own bone-cleaning business!

WHO

WHO SAYS TO THEMSELVES, "HAY, THE LINE OF WORK I REALLY WANT TO GET INTO IS BONE-CLEANING"?

:wave:

TGRR,
Will need billions of the little bastards.

Richter

Set them on people with chronic ifnections or diabetic legs