News:

FUCK YOU! MY UNCLE SAM DIED FROM NOT USING FACTS!

Main Menu

So...banned on IRC.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, September 01, 2009, 03:01:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on September 04, 2009, 01:20:00 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 04, 2009, 01:03:25 AM
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on September 04, 2009, 12:58:45 AM
If Discordianism ever got a marketing campaign, this would be its tagline.

A man in a business suit walks down a sidewalk, glancing at his watch and determinedly ignoring his surroundings.  He stops at a street and as he presses the button to cross his eyes fall upon a sheet of paper just above where his thumb rests.  It reads "Congratulations you've found clue #5.  The old lady will give you your next clue."  He chuckles and when he begins walking again he slows his pace, looking for all the little things he's missed along his daily route.  He passes another man in an innocuous button down shirt and khakis holding a clip board.  The camera pans on the clipboard to show a stack of the very same papers we just saw.  Fade to lettering "This is how I Discordian."

I will kill us all before I allow that.

A camera crew is wrapping up a shot on corner of a cordoned off street.  Two men at the focus of their equipment, one dressed in a business suit and the other in an innocuous button down shirt and khakis, talk amiably about their next day's work.  Suddenly, a shout goes up amongst the assembled workers.  We see TGRR, his face contorted in hate-shitting rage, leap upon the director and fix his hands in a firm lock around his neck.  A few individuals with presence of mind attempt to wrest the attacker free to no avail.  The shot freezes on the twisted features of our assailant and fades to lettering "This is how I Discordian."

Oh, Goddammit.   :x

I can't beat TV.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Faust

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 04, 2009, 01:19:05 AM
Quote from: ☂Faust☂ on September 04, 2009, 01:05:08 AM
I haven't felt anything remotely like enjoyment for some months so its probably just me getting irritable at repetition.

Why not?

I don't know. I normally swing down into a depression for about a week every month or so but this has been a slow drudging kind of thing.
Its nothing for the forum and it will go away eventually, I'd rather just bitch about the IRC treehouse to be honest.

Sleepless nights at the chateau

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: ☂Faust☂ on September 04, 2009, 01:35:03 AM
I haven't felt anything remotely like enjoyment for some months so its probably just me getting irritable at repetition.

Why not?

I don't know. I normally swing down into a depression for about a week every month or so but this has been a slow drudging kind of thing.
Its nothing for the forum and it will go away eventually, I'd rather just bitch about the IRC treehouse to be honest.

Go shooting.  That always cheers me up.

And what IRC treehouse?

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Faust

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 04, 2009, 01:36:59 AM

Why not?

And what IRC treehouse?

IRC is a treehouse.
You go in, everyone is just sitting around bored or gossiping or not talking, its a hang out, with its own social politics or whatever.
Its kinda sad that something that is mainly a drivel pit has to have people banning others on it, its not like its protecting some sacrosanct IRC high quality or anything.

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

Quote from: ☂Faust☂ on September 04, 2009, 01:54:40 AM

Why not?

And what IRC treehouse?

IRC is a treehouse.
You go in, everyone is just sitting around bored or gossiping or not talking, its a hang out, with its own social politics or whatever.
Its kinda sad that something that is mainly a drivel pit has to have people banning others on it, its not like its protecting some sacrosanct IRC high quality or anything.

we usually only ban spambots  :cry:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: ☂Faust☂ on September 04, 2009, 01:54:40 AM

Why not?

And what IRC treehouse?

IRC is a treehouse.

Look on the bright side...99% of the assfuckery is going on THERE, and not HERE.  This spillover is NOTHING.  This shit between Badges and I is about to assume Wagnerian proportions.  I assume you'll be happier if it happens there?

Faust

I was actually blissfully unaware of whats going on in irc tonight, so it DOES work, as a sponge anyway.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: ☂Faust☂ on September 04, 2009, 02:12:53 AM
I was actually blissfully unaware of whats going on in irc tonight, so it DOES work, as a sponge anyway.

There you go.

And it's not just tonight, this spat has been brewing for a week.