News:

Testimonial: "I cannot see a slither of a viable defense for this godawful circlejerk board."

Main Menu

So...banned on IRC.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, September 01, 2009, 03:01:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Agent Pariah on September 01, 2009, 04:05:58 AM
Quote from: Requia ☣ on September 01, 2009, 04:03:51 AM
Me or derpsichord?
derpsichord

Party pooper.   :lulz:

Gotta admit, you seem to be right about derpsichord, though.  But Requia isn't much higher up the food chain.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

derpsichord

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 01, 2009, 04:07:08 AM
Quote from: Agent Pariah on September 01, 2009, 04:05:58 AM
Quote from: Requia ☣ on September 01, 2009, 04:03:51 AM
Me or derpsichord?
derpsichord

Party pooper.   :lulz:

Gotta admit, you seem to be right about derpsichord, though.  But Requia isn't much higher up the food chain.
QFT  8)

Thurnez Isa

Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Pariah

Just saying Deprischord is a 3 times a week troll
Not really worth the flaming
If you ask me
Play safe! Ski only in a clockwise direction! Let's all have fun together!

Pariah

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on September 01, 2009, 04:10:24 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 01, 2009, 04:00:55 AM
http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=18505.135

Starts with 2d post down.

sorry I tried

but I dont understand ANY of that thread
:?

Okay, I cracked a joke, she overreacted.

There was a reason for this, of course.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Captain Utopia

:| I think you should come back on anyway. No good reason, except for a love of fine drama.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: fictionpuss on September 01, 2009, 04:18:45 AM
:| I think you should come back on anyway. No good reason, except for a love of fine drama.

Naw.  I wouldn't give the unethical fucktard the satisfaction.

Pariah

There probably should be some limitations on the amount of Mods on IRC at a certain time

Requia ☣

There are only two right now I think.  At least, MS and Eve haven't said anything.  So I assume its me and maybe Fred.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Pariah

Seems reasonable.
Are there any set rules for IRC?

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

Quote from: Agent Pariah on September 01, 2009, 05:06:50 AM
There probably should be some limitations on the amount of Mods on IRC at a certain time
wait what?
so mods have to coordinate what times we can be on with each other? PFFFT :\

we are distributed across several time zones already theres not much more we can do about that

Sir Squid Diddimus

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Looks like IRC mods maybe should be more selected not to ban for reasons of personal conflict.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Payne

There are actually very few rules in IRC as regards the OPS and H-OPS, now anyway.

Used to be everyone was OPped, as standard. Kicking and banning was not allowed then due to the hideous possibilities ( :lulz: ). Recently, MS made the decision to limit the amount of OPs (I can't remember why exactly). Fred and myself remained as OPs largely cause we've been in IRC for a long assed time, since the Chat Solutions days with Cyberus in fact. Eve is MS's 2nd in command or some shit, cause the Maddshark guys like her or something I dunno. And the Half-Ops were, I believe, supposed to rotate on a regular basis.

I don't ban anyone except for spamming (like actual spam, not setting off someone's name-bleep which I incidentally have turned off), or for persistent chat-fail (wade, daruko or StStephen style, over weeks or months). I'll also put in a 10-minute ban if one of the permanent lurkers (I hate those fuckers) is having connection problems but also has auto-join turned on. Sometimes I'll look at chat and the ONLY thing that has happened in the last half hour is John Blaze has left and rejoined 10 times.

I do kick people, occasionally for fatuous reasons, but only when I reckon that person will "get it". Like kicking Pixie a second time for the FacebookForHerCat thing. I try to at least make the kicking thing funny and to think about whether the kicked will see it as such.

The only other time I kick is when someone is doing it wade, daruko or StStephen style and someone requests I kick them to get chat going again.

Fuck coordinating when the OPs are on and how many, fuck making a bunch of rules for #Discord, and to fuck with banning someone from the channel for doing something that irritates you alone.